Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Other Teams that have Fan Fests (similar to that of Redsfest)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Other Teams that have Fan Fests (similar to that of Redsfest)

I know that other teams out there have fan fests (or whatever you want to call them) similar to Redsfest. Just curious which other teams have them and if you know when and where they are? Are they as well attended (both fan-wise and current and past player-wise as Redsfest)? And is there a website or whatever that lists these are particular info regarding these fests? I have checked the individual sites of the majority of the teams out there and found nothing. It seems that I have heard something of the Cubs, Marlins, and Phillies doing things similar to this, but have heard nothing. Either post here or shoot me a PM.

Re: Other Teams that have Fan Fests (similar to that of Redsfest)

Quite a few teams have them. I've been to Twinsfest and it gets tons of people. More than Redsfest. Reds have it real early like this year. Most teams have them late Jan early Feb. Right before spring training. Check team sites in few weeks and i'm sure you will see more teams having something similar.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Here is what I know about other teams....Detroit has "Tigerfest" (at Comerica Park) in the middle of January...the Cubs have their "Cub Convention"...the Pirates also have "Piratefest"..another poster mentioned a Cardinal fest of some sort, but that the prices for admission and autographs were outrageous.

I would like to see Redsfest later in the year. To me, it builds excitment that is quickly extinguished with the long wait between that and the season. I will never go to the Cardinal Fest. I am defenitly not going to pay all that money to get a Pujols autograph.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Down here the Marlins might have a fish fry.....

The Twinsfest is like the Reds. You only pay admission then you can go to whatever autograph station you want. No more charges for autographs. The Twins get such huge crowds they run it Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday. When I went a couple years ago your admission also got you a coupon to redeem for a cheap seat for any Twins game that season. They used it as a big ticket on sale for the season. Was first time you could get tickets for the season. I'd also like to see the Reds move it back some and go to 3 days now that the crowds are getting so big. Also use it as a chance to buy tickets for the upcoming season.

The Orioles have a fanfest, typically at the Balmer Convention Center downtown. I don't know too much else about it; autographs, Q&A sessions with management, chance to buy team stuff.
    Patiently awaiting the Orioles' next winning season.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I like Redsfest as it is...the two days are enough...and I think it is positioned properly schedule wise...the winter carvan is only a month after and a month after that is spring training....the only thing I could see is three days may cut down on the large crowds...but hey, isnt that part of the hype??

Turn Off Ads?