Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joe Oliver wants the non-cheaters to sue MLB

Joe Oliver wants the non-cheaters to sue MLB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Oliver wants the non-cheaters to sue MLB

I think that might be what is considered, "overkill."

Also, you still can't prove who is a cheater and who isn't since the Mitchell report isn't exactly what I would call the end all document on steroid use.

Oliver knew the cheating was going on too. Did he blow the whistle on anyone? If not, then he is just as guilty as the owners.

The Joe Oliver I remember didnt look like he did alot of running.

He probably cheated as well

We don't know that he cheated. We really shouldn't go there.

He didn't say he had plans to sue MLB, he was just throwing it out to show that owners looked the other way and let juicers shove non-juicers down a rung or two, or out of the game altogether. If cheating is as rampant as we believe, Oliver has a pretty good point.

But I also agree that the Mitchell report shouldn't be the definitive paper on steroid use in baseball. Many allegations made lack overwhelming evidence, plus the fact that he sits on the board of a team (that had NO players mentioned) casts a bit of a shadow on his findings.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRed1966 View Post
    Oliver knew the cheating was going on too. Did he blow the whistle on anyone? If not, then he is just as guilty as the owners.
    It's one thing to ignore it and it's another to have a reasonable understanding that you'll kiss your career goodbye if you raise a commotion.

Many fans believed there were steroids in the game. That means that the media had to know so why didn't they investigate? Major media outlets love big scandals. The big problem, I believe, is that no one considered steroids to be a big deal. Until recently, baseball players didn't receive the same condemnation as, say, an Olympic athlete, where juicing is a BIG no-no. Baseball didn't even care to have drug testing until recently so it's clear they had no plans to address the issue.
    Last edited by durl; 12-16-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Aha. Jose Canseco was on XM204 with the hockey guys last week and when asked about the players named in the Mitchell report, Jose said "Where did they get those names? They aren't in my book." He predicted that a class action suit would be filed by named players who claim not to have used.

Turn Off Ads?