Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tejada to Astros

Tejada to Astros

ESPN reports Miguel Tejada traded to Astros for 5 players, OF Luke Scott, P's Matt Albers, Troy Patton, and Dennis Sarfate, and 3B Michael Costanzo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3151849

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tejada to Astros

That's an awful lot in return for what Tejada has become. Maybe playing at Minute Maid will help a little, but still. Makes me wonder what a top line starter is really going to cost.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Wow. I just can't believe the Astros agreed to this trade the day before the Mitchell Report is released.

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post
    Wow. I just can't believe the Astros agreed to this trade the day before the Mitchell Report is released.
    good point, tejada has been a guy kind of tied into the whole debate. is that mitchell report going to result in suspensions?

I don't think anyone knows for sure what is going to result from this report, but to this point people (Jose Guillen) have been suspended just for being associated in the investigations, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see suspensions come from this.

Did the Astros really give up a whole lot here? I saw two of the prospects were only their 3rd and 6th best. Luke Scott is nothing all that special. Seem somewhat right on par really. This seems like the Reds giving up Votto, Maloney, Freel and some scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Did the Astros really give up a whole lot here? I saw two of the prospects were only their 3rd and 6th best. Luke Scott is nothing all that special. Seem somewhat right on par really. This seems like the Reds giving up Votto, Maloney, Freel and some scraps.
    I don't even think they gave up a Votto. They did give up a good player or two. I really like Luke Scott. He is stronger than any hitter I have seen in a long time.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

The Astros gave up WAY too much! I'm very pleased to see them make this mistake...

Tejada 2007 OPS+: 109
    Luke Scott 2007 OPS+: 119

Tejada career OPS+: 114
    Scott career OPS+: 125

So, the Orioles get a young cheap, and improving hitter for an expensive, declining, and possibly linked to steroids shortstop (that doesn't play that great of defense anymore either)... Oh yeah, and the Orioles get four other prospects...

Nice trade for the O's...

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post
    agreed

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

As a fan of the Reds and not the Astros- I like it!
    Tejada may very well show up on the Mitchell report. We shall see tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    The Astros gave up WAY too much! I'm very pleased to see them make this mistake...

Tejada 2007 OPS+: 109
    Luke Scott 2007 OPS+: 119

Tejada career OPS+: 114
    Scott career OPS+: 125

So, the Orioles get a young cheap, and improving hitter for an expensive, declining, and possibly linked to steroids shortstop (that doesn't play that great of defense anymore either)... Oh yeah, and the Orioles get four other prospects...

Nice trade for the O's...

Tejada is only two years older than Scott.
    Patiently awaiting the Orioles' next winning season.

A supremely stupid move by the Astros. His numbers are going down and everybody knows why. He will probably be named in the Mitchell report and the Astros give 5 freaking players for this guy? Rest assured Reds fans your team will not be last in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
    Tejada is only two years older than Scott.
    got me there but Scott is cost controlled for many more years

Do you think he's declined because he got off the roids or because he refused to take a day off for the past 6 years? He also plays winter ball ever year. I think he's simply wearing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Do you think he's declined because he got off the roids or because he refused to take a day off for the past 6 years? He also plays winter ball ever year. I think he's simply wearing down.
    combo... mostly natural aging w/lost of playing time

Turn Off Ads?