Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Farrell in BP

John Farrell in BP

If any of you are subscribers to Baseball Prospectus Online, I'd like to hear your feedback on the interview with Boston pitching coach John Farrell. He impresses the heck out of me.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?
    post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: John Farrell in BP

He certainly had great results this year, and he's certainly articulate in interviews. I'm not surprised that the Pirates wanted him to manage.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: John Farrell in BP

Yes, he's impressive. Of course, if you had the staff he does, you'd be impressive too. But then again, he's done great things with what he had, too.

Turn Off Ads?