Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds #18 Prospect?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott Carroll

0 0%
  • Chris Dickerson

4 4.88%
  • Rafael Gonzalez

1 1.22%
  • Sean Henry

1 1.22%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

0 0%
  • Sam Lecure

1 1.22%
  • Derrik Lutz

2 2.44%
  • Marcus McBeth

1 1.22%
  • Tyler Pelland

15 18.29%
  • Justin Reed

2 2.44%
  • Adam Rosales

22 26.83%
  • Jordan Smith

0 0%
  • Craig Tatum

2 2.44%
  • Daryl Thompson

14 17.07%
  • Justin Turner

3 3.66%
  • Chris Valaika

3 3.66%
  • Pedro Viola

11 13.41%
  • Other (please specifiy)

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #18

Re: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #18

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm not trying to rile any feathers, but I think stormyfan25 may be a troll.
    Maybe he is just afraid that Weathers is going to get over thrown by Roenicke mid season?

2. Turn Off Ads?

He had elbow problems the entire second half and was on a off the field because of it. The elbow is why he didnt pitch in the AFL. Yes he throws a knuckle curve and a slider. his knuckle curve left him mid way through the year and he switched over to the slider and cutter. Plus pitching consecutive days is very important to me. You think one day when he makes the bigs hes magically going to be able to do it? So tell me why its not valuable. Some things people say on this site make no baseball logic sense at all

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He did pitch in back to back games last year. I don't have a game log for him that covers the entire season, but he did pitch back to back games in early August (5th and 6th followed by a day of rest, then pitched on the 8th and 9th).

Quote Originally Posted by stormyfan25 View Post
    He had elbow problems the entire second half and was on a off the field because of it. The elbow is why he didnt pitch in the AFL. Yes he throws a knuckle curve and a slider. his knuckle curve left him mid way through the year and he switched over to the slider and cutter. Plus pitching consecutive days is very important to me. You think one day when he makes the bigs hes magically going to be able to do it? So tell me why its not valuable. Some things people say on this site make no baseball logic sense at all
    KeyMastur part 2? Break out some game logs if you are going to say he didn't pitch b2b games. You got nothing here, esp. when someone else, a respected poster claims he has, and with dates.

pitching and pitching well are two different things. he wasnt as effective on the second day

pitching and pitching well are two different things. he wasnt as effective on the second day
    What?

I gave you two examples. Here are his lines from those 'second days' where he wasn't as effective.

First example (Aug 6th) - 1ip, 0 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 0 K.

Second example (Aug 9th) - 1ip, 1 hit, 0 runs, 0 walks, 0 K. For what its worth, the previous day he allowed 2 hits in the 1 inning he worked.

Now like I said, I don't have a full game log for him, but I do know those two examples as they were a part of his last 10 games and I can view that game log. I think you are reaching quite a bit on this though.

obviously you didnt get a chance to see the games or hear them. Those 6 outs in those examples were not exactly easy outs. But i do agree that hes a flamethrower

obviously you didnt get a chance to see the games or hear them. Those 6 outs in those examples were not exactly easy outs. But i do agree that hes a flamethrower
    First off, I doubt you recall those exact games I am referring to. Secondly, here is the game log from both of those games:

August 6th, 2007

Jacksonville Top 9th

* Pitcher Change: Josh Roenicke replaces Matthew Maloney, batting 9th.
    * Kevin Howard pops out to shortstop Luis Bolivar.
    * A. J. Ellis reaches on throwing error by third baseman Enrique Cruz.
    * Alberto ConcepcionJr. grounds into double play, shortstop Luis Bolivar to second baseman Drew Anderson to first baseman Adam Rosales. A. Ellis out at 2nd.

So he gets a pop up to shortstop, a guy reaches on a throwing error and he gets a groundball double play. Three balls put in play and three balls hit to infielders. That one seemed pretty easy.

How about the game on August 9th

Montgomery Bottom 9th

* Pitcher Change: Josh Roenicke replaces Carlos Guevara.
    * Reid Brignac grounds out, second baseman Drew Anderson to first baseman Caonabo Cosme.
    * John Jaso singles on a fly ball to center fielder Marland Williams.
    * Gabriel Martinez grounds into double play, second baseman Drew Anderson to shortstop Luis Bolivar to first baseman Caonabo Cosme. John Jaso out at 2nd.

So we have a ground out to a Top prospect in Brignac. A harmless flyball to CF that was likely a blooper if it was just a single, then a ground ball double play to end the game. Again, that looks pretty easy to me.

Maybe he threw tons of pitches in those games to get those outs.... I don't know. Its data that I can't look at. However by the looks of what we do know (1 single to the centerfielder and a bunch of balls hit to infielders) suggests he didn't struggle much at all in those six outs we are talking about.

Turn Off Ads?