Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reds at Yankees

Re: Reds at Yankees

I have family out on Long Island, made a trip to Yankee Stadium in 2005 to watch them play the Blue Jays, can't wait to go back this summer and watch my RedLegs handle them .

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz View Post
    Yep.
    For that, I'll withdraw my vow to never return to the Big Apple again and make that series.

I hate to see the Old House go away. I can't imagine tearing it down.

Figured I'd top this as a reminder to anyone looking to go to these games.

Yankees tickets go on sale this morning at 10 AM EST.

I'll be trying to get some good seats to the Sunday afternoon game (June 22).

Good luck to anyone else getting tickets!

Anyone have any luck getting anything?

I got totally shut out, still can't even get into their system.

Guess we'll be going the Ebay/Stubhub route.

I got in but accidentally kicked myself out like a dummy. Then, couldn't get two tickets together, so gave up.

If it's like it was last season, it shouldn't be too tough to get tickets at or around face value.

I got tix UNDER face value last year on ebay when the Red Sox came to town to play the Yanks. Maybe it'll be different with it being the last season of Yankee Stadium, but I don't think this is going to be a super hot ticket.

NY rumor is that they were checking ISP's for tickets. Out-of-staters (re: Red Sox Fan) were shut out.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    NY rumor is that they were checking ISP's for tickets. Out-of-staters (re: Red Sox Fan) were shut out.
    That's crap if it's true. I know they will never be able to prove something but it's really frustrating that I might have been shut out due to my location. Now I will have to go use one of the ticket brokers just to see the Reds play.

I will be there Friday and Saturday.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I talked to a Ticketmaster rep today, and according to them you can get 1 ticket to the games, but can't get 2 or more together.

The rep didn't know why, except that right at 10 (when the tickets went on sale) there were numerous bulk purchases.

StubHub is your best bet right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I talked to a Ticketmaster rep today, and according to them you can get 1 ticket to the games, but can't get 2 or more together.

The rep didn't know why, except that right at 10 (when the tickets went on sale) there were numerous bulk purchases.

StubHub is your best bet right now.
    Probably explains the error message I got from 10 AM until about 10:07 or so. I was on the page refreshing right at 10 AM and suddenly I started getting an error that said I had refreshed too many times and they were blocking me in order to prevent automated orders. I thought it was weird cause I wasn't refreshing that much but then I tried a different computer and also had a friend trying a different computer in another state and we were all getting the same thing. As soon as those bulk purchases happened it seems like they probably shut down the whole system.

Just another reason to hate Ticketmaster and the Yankees.

You might have better luck at the window.

I've been told by some people in NYC that not all the tickets get released on the internet by the Yankees. They keep some back for face-to-face orders that start Monday.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'm looking to swap two tickets to the game on Friday June 20 for two tickets to the Saturday or (preferably) Sunday games of that same weekend.

Tickets I have are Box 350, Row H.
    Looking to swap for two similar tickets.
    Please PM me if interested in a swap. Thanks.

PS If nobody is interested in a swap, I would sell these as well (as I'm already attending the game on different tickets.)
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Probably explains the error message I got from 10 AM until about 10:07 or so. I was on the page refreshing right at 10 AM and suddenly I started getting an error that said I had refreshed too many times and they were blocking me in order to prevent automated orders. I thought it was weird cause I wasn't refreshing that much but then I tried a different computer and also had a friend trying a different computer in another state and we were all getting the same thing. As soon as those bulk purchases happened it seems like they probably shut down the whole system.

Just another reason to hate Ticketmaster and the Yankees.
    I got six tickets together, first try, no problem. Not a bad way to celebrate the summer solstice

I am surprised to hear of all of the problems people had, actually. No one I know had any trouble, for these or any other games.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

You may be able to get tickets from Stub-Hub this year as the Yankees have supposedly relaxed the rule that season ticket holders cannot sell tickets on Stub-Hub without risk of losing their privileges.

Turn Off Ads?