Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds at Yankees

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Reds at Yankees

Will be studying for the bar. Everybody have fun and tell me what happens.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Count me in. Three times.

I don't care if I'm in the 600 level all games. I'm so there.

And I don't care if they suck or not.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Will be studying for the bar. Everybody have fun and tell me what happens.
    Hopefully I pass this time around so I will get to go - its also the last year for Shea too.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Hopefully I pass this time around so I will get to go - its also the last year for Shea too.
    Good luck. I hear HGH and steroids help.
    Stick to your guns.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    its also the last year for Shea too.
    Wow, NY is getting 2 new stadiums? How much of it is being paid for by the owners in each? If it isn't much I'd hate to be paying taxes there lol.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Wow, NY is getting 2 new stadiums? How much of it is being paid for by the owners in each? If it isn't much I'd hate to be paying taxes there lol.
    The Yankees are paying for their stadium out of the revenue-sharing money they usually contribute. The state (me) is paying for some of the development around the site.

The Mets are paying for their stadium, while the city pays for infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Oh but our favorite team will be helping out, the new CBA allows teams to deduct stadium costs from their revenue sharing.
    Go Gators!

I've heard that all of the Yankees home dates in 2008 are likely to be sold out before the season starts, so try to get those tickets early. Of course, there's always eBay and other ticket sites.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I've heard that all of the Yankees home dates in 2008 are likely to be sold out before the season starts, so try to get those tickets early. Of course, there's always eBay and other ticket sites.
    This is what I'm expecting also.

Does anybody know when individual Yankees game tickets go on sale? I'd likely just go ahead and buy tickets for all three Reds games as soon as individual games go on sale.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I might go if the Reds don't suck. I ain't shelling that kind of cash for a dog, though.

At least wait until the starting pitchers are announced for the series. If you buy in advance, you'll end up watching the Reds #5 put the team down 6-0 by the second inning.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

At least wait until the starting pitchers are announced for the series. If you buy in advance, you'll end up watching the Reds #5 put the team down 6-0 by the second inning.
    No, no, it'll be Bedard vs. Santana.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

My dollar rewards effort from the FO. If I see a loss, I see a loss. That doesn't bother me.

I just don't pay for the FO trying to sell me a poop sundae while calling it a banana split.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    This is what I'm expecting also.

Does anybody know when individual Yankees game tickets go on sale? I'd likely just go ahead and buy tickets for all three Reds games as soon as individual games go on sale.
    January. At times in the past it has been as late as February. The Yankees are usually one of the last if not the last to put single-game tickets on sale. They have not announced a date yet for this season -- usually do the week after Christmas.

I think tickets will be very tough to get; I have no doubt home games will sell out before the season starts. I've had fine luck with craigslist and Stub Hub in the past (had to go that route to see the Cubs play at Yankee Stadium in 2005); there's great availability there, it's just a matter of how much you're going to pay.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I hear HGH and steroids help.

just don't let yourself get a big head

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    January. At times in the past it has been as late as February. The Yankees are usually one of the last if not the last to put single-game tickets on sale. They have not announced a date yet for this season -- usually do the week after Christmas.

I think tickets will be very tough to get; I have no doubt home games will sell out before the season starts. I've had fine luck with craigslist and Stub Hub in the past (had to go that route to see the Cubs play at Yankee Stadium in 2005); there's great availability there, it's just a matter of how much you're going to pay.
    I'm on the Yankees.com ticket reminder list. I can get a Yankees Holiday pack that includes the Reds.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?