Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds at Yankees

Re: Reds at Yankees

I'll be there!
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'm on the Yankees.com ticket reminder list. I can get a Yankees Holiday pack that includes the Reds.
    Right, but there's no available date for single-game tickets yet.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Right, but there's no available date for single-game tickets yet.

li'l princeton, who has poor taste, has to go to the Stadium before they blow it up.

The 1-800bestseats.com site has actual seats listed right now. Phoney?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    li'l princeton, who has poor taste, has to go to the Stadium before they blow it up.

The 1-800bestseats.com site has actual seats listed right now. Phoney?
    Could they be individual tickets from season ticket holders?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Could they be individual tickets from season ticket holders?
    They have to be phoney. Season tickets have not yet been received. You can put a deposit on Yankee season tickets now, but no one actually has tickets yet.

Or they might just be listing tickets they plan to get. Still shady to me to sell tickets you don't actually have yet, though.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 12-18-2007 at 02:40 PM.

I'm probably going to sit at a computer and do two screens the day the Yankees sell tickets. I'd like to get all three games - but we'll see.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Didn't see this posted yet, but single-game Yankee tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, February 29 at 10 am EST.

For season ticket holders, tickets to the final Yankee Stadum game (9/21/08) go on sale February 19 or 20, depending on your ticket plan; all other individual game tickets are available for purchase to season ticket holders on February 22. I've no indication so far that the Yankees plan to reserve a certain amount of tickets for non-season ticket holder sale -- here's hoping season ticket holders don't snatch up all the interleague availability.

All-Star Game ticket info still TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Didn't see this posted yet, but single-game Yankee tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, February 29 at 10 am EST.

For season ticket holders, tickets to the final Yankee Stadum game (9/21/08) go on sale February 19 or 20, depending on your ticket plan; all other individual game tickets are available for purchase to season ticket holders on February 22. I've no indication so far that the Yankees plan to reserve a certain amount of tickets for non-season ticket holder sale -- here's hoping season ticket holders don't snatch up all the interleague availability.

All-Star Game ticket info still TBD.
    Thanks for the heads up, vp. Still two months away so that's not too bad. That should make it a bit easier for me to talk some other people into heading up to NY.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Just finalized plans for a summer road trip with some friends. We decided with Yankee and Shea closing that we had to go see those two parks. So, we figured while we're at it, why not work our way out and back by catching a few games. Well, we started with the 2 NY stadiums plus Fenway and now we are going to hit 7 games in 8 days with a visit to Cooperstown taking up the other day.

Here's our plan right now:

Philadelphia (v Angels), 7p, 6/21 (Sat)
    Yankees (v Reds), 1p, 6/22
    Mets (v Seattle), 7p, 6/23
    Boston (v Arizona), 7p, 6/24
    Cooperstown, 6/25
    Toronto (v Reds), 7p, 6/26
    Detroit (v Rockies), 7p, 6/27
    Cleveland (v Reds), 7p, 6/28

The crazy thing about this plan was I was originally trying to set up a trip the first week of June. Well, the other guy doing the planning with me started looking at different weeks and this was what he came up with....3 Reds games in a week! The better part is he's from Chicago and is a life long Cubs fans. That's a true friend right there, haha.

But we're just going to rent a car, get 4 guys and go for it. We all have quite a few friends so we're trying to track down floors to sleep on in each city and it should be a blast. So far we have myself, a Cubs fan, and a Cards fan. Hopefully we can find a Brewer, Astro, or Pirate fan and make it an NL Central occasion.

And as the time approaches I will probably start a thread looking for tips for each city and ballpark as I have only been to games at Detroit and Cleveland before.

I'm just excited to get the chance to see Yankee Stadium, and as an added bonus the Reds in Yankee Stadium.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I know of at least two of us that will be at the 6/21 game @ The House That Jeter Ruined.

Let's grow that number, RedsZone.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Will be studying for the bar. Everybody have fun and tell me what happens.
    Congrats chili! I guess we all probably went to law school with you since I am sure you have been posting here the whole time...right?

My oldest son graduates law school in May.....so I guess he will be studying right along with you.

Anyway, back at the ranch, I guess I am getting a real bargain. I bought a large HD Plasma for my Christmas present and as usual will have MLB EI. Seems cheap when compared to what it sounds like tickets cost nowadays.
    "Is there a problem officers?"

My cousin, a friend and I are going to be at at least two of the games in Yankee Stadium this summer. We're going to try to see one in Shea and hopefully two of the three in Fenway.

It's going to be hecktic, but I can't wait!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    My cousin, a friend and I are going to be at at least two of the games in Yankee Stadium this summer. We're going to try to see one in Shea and hopefully two of the three in Fenway.

It's going to be hecktic, but I can't wait!
    The Reds play the Red Sox in Cincinnati.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    The Reds play the Red Sox in Cincinnati.
    True.

But the Diamondbacks play in Boston on June 23, 24, 25.

"Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Here's a tip. Last time I talked to Andy Furman, he was trying to get a trip together with Provident Travel to take some Reds fans up to New York to see at least one game.

In fact, there is currently a poll up on the Provident Travel website asking how people would like to get to New York for the game. Options are fly, motorcoach, or bus.

http://www.providentvacations.com/
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?