Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get ready

Get ready

.....to go into next season without an additional quality pitcher to add to the starting rotation. I can feel it.

The organization will decide to stand pat and stick with the young guys. Only if some team steps up and wants Bailey or Hamilton in a reasonable package and I have yet to see reasonable come into play in any trade so far.

This team will look much the same next season except for the addition of Cordero to the bullpen.

Hopefully the young guys are coming along and make the season worthwhile.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Get ready

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    .....to go into next season without an additional quality pitcher to add to the starting rotation. I can feel it.

The organization will decide to stand pat and stick with the young guys. Only if some team steps up and wants Bailey or Hamilton in a reasonable package and I have yet to see reasonable come into play in any trade so far.

This team will look much the same next season except for the addition of Cordero to the bullpen.

yeah... what he said.

I think the 2nd half of the year will be very exciting though as the young guys start to turn the corner
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 12-17-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Who costs more in a trade: Joe Blanton or Ian Snell? I'm not going to give up on Snell...

And what makes them not ready right now?
    Votto is ready 100%
    Bailey is ready, he's done with AAA
    Bruce is ready but has no spot right now.
    Cueto is ready... based on the fact he's dominated at every level he's played at and is probably better than Bailey

If Bailey and Cueto pitch even mediocre next year we will be much better.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    yeah... what he said.

I think the 2nd half of the year will be very exciting though as the young guys start to turn the corner
    How excititing could it be if we are 7 games under 500 because our pitching staff is riddled with question marks. We can all hope that will not be the case but I would have to call it a huge mistake not to sign an arm after spending the big bucks on Cordero and Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    If Bailey and Cueto pitch even mediocre next year we will be much better.
    All we need is some league average inning eating to inprove... Those guys we threw out their last year killed us...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    All we need is some league average inning eating to inprove... Those guys we threw out their last year killed us...
    Well i feel much better running Bailey and Cueto out there than i do compared to what we had to run out there pretty much all of last year. We addressed out biggest problem if you ask me in the offseason in bullpen help and we have the pieces in the rotation its just a matter of how they throw.

Bailey and Cueto both can be pretty bad and we still are a better team than last year.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Well i feel much better running Bailey and Cueto out there than i do compared to what we had to run out there pretty much all of last year. We addressed out biggest problem if you ask me in the offseason in bullpen help and we have the pieces in the rotation its just a matter of how they throw.

Bailey and Cueto both can be pretty bad and we still are a better team than last year.
    I agree, the question is will Wayne allow Cueto to start the year in Cinci?

I think I've asked this before, so my apologies if its repetitive. Has Snell been in a lot of rumors? Why would the Pirates trade a strong young pitcher when they are such a high commodity? I know its the Pirates and they've done some really stupid moves, they are shopping Bay after all.

Agree with the views to at least some extent. But, it seems to me a lot of GMs know what the Reds have up and coming, and are trying to acquire their future at the Reds expense. I'm getting tired of hearing how feeble the system has been at developing players, and now, that they at least appear to be loaded with bona fide players and a couple good pitchers-to-be, people want to ransom the future for any 1 guy not named Santana! (Whom they could never hold onto anyway).

I do get the feeling that teams are unwilling to trade with us unless we give up our best prospects, and when that top prospect was a minor league player of the year i agree with wayne by not letting him go.

Whats wrong with Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Bailey and the best of Shearn, Livingston, Maloney and Cueto? Bailey showed me reason to believe that he will be a top half of the rotation type guy very soon due to the fact that he threw alot more quality starts than not and can be dominate at times. For a first year starter he was far better than average. Look at most great pitchers in their first 10-20 starts. We are on the way up. I believe that after a decade of no playoffs a little patience is what is needed. With the farm system we have right now I'd rather bet on the farm than bet it.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post

I still can not believe Bob C had Baker/Cordero brought in here to stand pat.
    Also WK has made plenty of comments about improving our pitching and I think WK is in the last year of his current contract so I think adding up all these factors, there will be a move made.
    Whether that move is a big enough one like Bedard remains to be seen.
    Again, I believe the moves already made were made for a reason.

I don't believe they'll stand pat, I just don't see them acquiring the top of the line starter that we all want. Krivsky will probably have to settle for a Leiber or Hernandez. Maybe even Prior. I would love to see them acquire Bedard or Blanton, but it's only December. It's not like the trading deadline is next week. There is still plenty of time.

Turn Off Ads?