Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobbleheads - Current and Past Reds and also their Minor League Affiliates

Bobbleheads - Current and Past Reds and also their Minor League Affiliates

Well, I started on the bobblehead craze back when they first started handing them out as SGA's (Stadium Give Away's) at Riverfront back in what 2001 or so. I got each one of them each time they came out and the only exception was one time I got sick during the Tony Perez one, but I was able to pick that up at a Moeller Card Show. But this year was different. As many noticed I wasn't on the boards that much throughout the season and except for attended one game during the first month of the season, well I was gone for the majority of the baseball season taking care of some medical issues. But that is a whole other story. So of course, I missed the Bronson Arroyo, Aaron Harang, the duel Marty & Thom Brennaman, and Frank Robinson. But here recently, due to a new job, and my first couple of paychecks, I was able to obtain all four of them.

But now I ask this. I know that other ballclubs give them away as well and I know that Minor League affiliates do the same. Like I have from the Columbus Clippers two bobbleheads, one of Sparky Anderson in a Reds uniform and jacket, and then another of Tom Seaver in his Reds uniform pitching. I also have some from the Louisville Bats as well. From them I was able to get Adam Dunn, Deion Sanders, Austin Kearns, and Brandon Larson. I know that there is one of Dave Miley floating around out there I just haven't been able to locate one yet.

Well I was thinking that maybe some of you all could help me in this quest. Not only locating some of them, but also helping me obtain a list or at least point me in the right direction of one (ie a website ro something similar to one) of the bobbleheads given away at the stadiums for the Reds Minor League affiliates (Louisville, possibly even Indianapolis, Chattanooga, Dayton, Billings, and I guess even Columbus) and then any other ones, in the majors or minors that have given one away that was Reds related, whether it was something similar to the Columbus Clippers giving away a Tom Seaver one in his Reds uniform, or the Bats giving away an Adam Dunn one or I would even be looking for something like former Reds where the Marlins would give away one for Ryan Dempster or even the Cubs would give one away for him. Or any major or minor league club. Even a Frontier League. I think I forgot to mention that. I do have the Tom Browning one as well. Is that the only one they have given away. So basically, any list will be great. The only one that I do NOT want a list for is the ones that the Cincinnati Reds big league club has given away. Any others that even have the slightest Reds connection, well let's hear it, this will not only help me and one of my hobbies (I know, it may be a little compulsive, but hey that's me, take it or leave it) but it also may be a little fun and interesting to see all of these!!!

So let's go!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bobbleheads - Current and Past Reds and also their Minor League Affiliates

Its not reds related per say, but the freedom did give away a bobble head florence y'all water tower which was kind of cool, as far as a list is concerned I cannot help although I think Dayton gave away a Bruce one to season ticket holders this year.

thebobbleboard.com

I have a Joe Morgan bobblehead the Durham Bulls gave away a few years back, in the old DUrham Bulls uni. I also have a Josh Hamilton bobblehead from the Bulls (2001 I think?), with him in D-Rays uniform as #1 draft pick, that I got him to sign last time he was home.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I have a Pete Rose Bobblehead...my only Reds BH.

The coolest (or most valuable, anyway) BH I have is the one I got in Jacksonville two years ago - Alex Rodriguez in his Jacksonville Suns uniform. I also have the Randy Johnson one.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Bounty do you know of a way I can get one of those Josh Hamilton bobbles? LMK

Oh and just to let you know the reds are giving out Brandon Phillps, Tom Browning, and a TBA bobblehead this year

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4MVP View Post
    Bounty do you know of a way I can get one of those Josh Hamilton bobbles? LMK
    Brandon-I still see them pop up around here every once in awhile, as I live a few minutes from the Durham Stadium, and see them occasionalyl at shows, flea markets, garage sales, etc. If I see another one, i will get it for you. It is kind of funny, he is so young in it. He got a kick out of it when I brought mine for him to sign, he said he hadnt seen one of them in years. My friend worked with the Bulls whne they came out, and Josh called when I was there asking if he could get one, but the Bulls had already gave them all away, he didnt even get one of his own BBH!!!!

Yes, Bounty if you do see another please pick it up for me. If you can get me one I would gladly send you a bobblehead you are looking for.

I really didn't get into the Bobble Heads untill a few years ago. Only have the SGA's from the last two seasons. I've been trying to find the previous ones but they get pricey.

One Red's related one you may be interested in is the Tom Browning bobblehead the Florence Freedom gave away (he was the coach at the time and was fired the next day.) Not sure where you could find one but I am sure they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by robo21 View Post
    One Red's related one you may be interested in is the Tom Browning bobblehead the Florence Freedom gave away (he was the coach at the time and was fired the next day.) Not sure where you could find one but I am sure they are out there.
    Mentioned above, frontier league one. I have an extra one available for trade if any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by robo21 View Post
    I actually found one of those on ebay a few days ago!

Also, can anyone just list the bobbleheads given away from each of the Reds' Minor League Affiliates....just add to this list, I suppose.... (Question Mark next to it means that I think there is one but I have yet to see it or have heard about it only in hearsay). And if anyone can definitely say that the ones with (?) next to them were actually given away, I would appreciate it, a picture would even be nice just to see what they actually looked like.

Louisville Bats -- Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, Deion Sanders, Brandon Larson, Dave Miley (?)

Chattanooga Lookouts --

Dayton Dragon -- Jay Bruce (?)

Billings Mustangs --

Indianapolis Indians --

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Reds with Other Organizations:

Florence Freedom -- Tom Browning

Columbus Clippers -- Tom Seaver, Sparky Anderson

Durham Bulls -- Joe Morgan, Josh Hamilton

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Major League Clubs giving away Former/Current/Future Reds Bobbleheads:

Florida Marlins -- Ryan Dempster (?)

Now if anybody has any others that they know of, please either PM me or just list them on here and I will add them to this list, I think it will be a very cool and interesting list to have.

Turn Off Ads?