Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Advice!

Trade Advice!

I have Ben Roethlisberger at QB, Tomlinson and Parker at RB, but my receivers are Driver, Cotchery, and Clvin Johnson (and some marginal backups). I also have Gates at TE.

As an alternative at RB, I was able to grab Ryan Grant a few weeks ago before he went off.

I've been offered Peyton Manning and Braylon Edwards for Tomlinson and Roethlisberger.

I would plug in Grant RB and Edwards would replace Calvin Johnson (a HUGE upgrade).

Yay or nay?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Advice!

Now way in the world do I do that deal. Roethlisberger has out performed Manning this season and I personally would not trade LT for Manning straight up.

If you were getting Manning AND Edwards for LT, then that is a deal worth thinking over.

I understand your desire to pick up a #1 receiver, but giving up LT and Roethlisberger to accomplish it is not worth it, even though you get Manning as well.

Another thing to think about, do you really want to rely on a rookie RB as your #2 RB for the rest of the season? Especially one that has Brett Favre as his QB.

I didn't do the deal, but ALMOST pulled off a great deal. I offered Tomlinson and Roethlisberger for Brady and Reggie Wayne. The other guy liked the deal but he just couldn't part with Brady. It was a last minute offer, so he had little time to think about it, but he might do it next week.

This guy's team is loaded and he's already clinched a playoff spot. New England will clinch home field by week 14, so he won't have the benefit of Brady for the last two rounds of the playoffs (for some reason our insane commish still inists on playing the fantasy bowl on week 17). He's still got Galloway, Andre Johnson, and Lee Evans at receiver after Wayne, with a couple of viable alternatives if diaster stuck. But his weakness is Marion Barber. So he's be upgrading from Barber to LT while downgrading from Brady to Roethlisberger, and starting Lee Evans instead of Wayne.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

No way I do this trade. I'm still in the "don't trade LT for anything ever" camp... and Manning isn't really having a very good year.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I wound up trading LT, Roethlisberger, and Calvin Johnson for Tom Brady, Reggie Wayne, and Nate Burleson. It would be a great trade, but Brady has looked human the past couple of weeks.

And I have Ryan Grant to take LT's place, so I'm not losing that much from RB.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Would taking Manning have been the better deal in hindsight?

Turn Off Ads?