Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dragons radio voice moving up

Dragons radio voice moving up

After eight years as the voice of the Class A Dayton Dragons, Mike Vander Wood will be moving to Class AAA next season.

Friday, Vander Wood — a Michigan native and Michigan State graduate — was named the lead broadcaster for the International League's Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, the top farm club of the New York Yankees. The team also is operated by Mandalay Sports Entertainment, the same as the Dragons.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...07dragons.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dragons radio voice moving up

That guy's sweet.

well deserved, he's an excellent play by play guy

Ya can't teach speed...

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    well deserved, he's an excellent play by play guy
    I've listened to a significant number of the Reds minor league games over the internet the last 4 years or so and Mike Vanderwood is an excellent play by play guy. IMO; he's easily the best in the Reds minor league system.

Does Owen Seary take over now or will they bring in someone else? That may cut back my listening time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Does Owen Seary take over now or will they bring in someone else? That may cut back my listening time.
    Ouch, rough. Owen is in the running. I know there are a few others that are looking to get in on it too. It is a big job for Low-A. Think the decision will wait til mid-late January.

Congrats to Mike! Ditto the take on Owen... not too pleasant on the ears...:thumbdown
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I heard C. Trent was available...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Turn Off Ads?