Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bearcats hanging tough against #2 Memphis...

Bearcats hanging tough against #2 Memphis...

Down 33-32 at halftime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bearcats hanging tough against #2 Memphis...

Great game so far!!! This team is playing with heart. Memphis got up early, but UC came back with an equally good run. Go UC!!!!!!!
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Go Cats!!

Nice fight, Cats...

I guess, this year, those have to count for something...at least for us fans.

UC can't make layups or free throws.

Rose is going to be special. It's frustrating to listen to this.

The 'cats are turning it around, though. It's safe to say that these kids are improving.

While we're talking about the Bearcats, I want to pose a question. A recruit named Bud Mackey, who is the 35th rated player in the 2008 class according to Rivals, is intrested in UC. There's just one catch, he's has been charged with selling drugs at his highschool. This kid is incredibly talented, but is this what we need?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I listened to the whole game on WLW. If the Bearcats had two decent wingmen, they could be a good team. It is going to be a long year.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

They're improving. I think that's all we realistically can ask for right now.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Yeah, playing up and down to their competition it seems, so we'll see once they play a lesser quality opponent than XU or Memphis, if they've truly improved I guess. Warren seems to have helped out quite a bit, as well as the youngsters. They just have no inside game, and make too many avoidable mistakes.

I have no idea why Cronin refuses to play McLain in the 2nd half. Watching Williamson and Adam makes me want to pull my hair out. I didn't think he got into foul trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Yeah, playing up and down to their competition it seems, so we'll see once they play a lesser quality opponent than XU or Memphis, if they've truly improved I guess. Warren seems to have helped out quite a bit, as well as the youngsters. They just have no inside game, and make too many avoidable mistakes.

I have no idea why Cronin refuses to play McLain in the 2nd half. Watching Williamson and Adam makes me want to pull my hair out. I didn't think he got into foul trouble?
    Adam was terrible. He lets the ball go right through his hands. He can't make layups. I know they say that McClain isn't much of a scorer, but neither is Adam. Let the youngster play. No matter what some say, we're playing for the future. Adam is not the future, Anthony is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    They're improving. I think that's all we realistically can ask for right now.
    I agree.

If they keep playing like this, they may pull an upset or two this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Adam was terrible. He lets the ball go right through his hands. He can't make layups. I know they say that McClain isn't much of a scorer, but neither is Adam. Let the youngster play. No matter what some say, we're playing for the future. Adam is not the future, Anthony is.
    I also noticed that Adam H likes to go to the dribble after a rebound in the paint. Not surprisingly, it gives defenders a chance to strip the ball or defend a shot. Son, you are 6'11". Keep the ball above your head and go straight to the rim with it.

UC/Memphis is a rivalry where both programs respect each other immensely. You can always expect UC/Memphis to be a physical, but clean match up. Also, Memphis fans are among the classiest I've ever encountered.
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-19-2007 at 10:54 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?