Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orioles Insider: The Reds have significantly upped their offer for Bedard

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Orioles Insider: The Reds have significantly upped their offer for Bedard

Belkast
    Plus member since 01/06
    Major League Starter Join Date: Sep 2003

Also just received info that the Reds have up'd the offer a great deal for Bedard.

Don't know what this entails, but I am afraid that Bruce now may be involved.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Orioles Insider: The Reds have significantly upped their offer for Bedard

We're all hoping Bruce is the addition, but who knows?
    Patiently awaiting the Orioles' next winning season.

I've predicted a weak Wayner will give in on Bruce. This is probably it.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Dang! He caved and added Norris Hopper!

I say it's Hamilton.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Actually, the O's fans are thinking it'll be Hamilton added in.

They're pretty certain that it's already Cueto and Votto on the table for Bedard and that the Reds just upped the ante a bit for him.

The talks on the boards lately have been stuff like the Reds offered Bailey, Votto, Hamilton & Stubbs. I think that's overstating things. Nobody really knows what we've offered and what we haven't. However, this guy Belkast is in direct contact with an O's front-office guy who's in the war-room discussing trades. And if nothing else, it's very clear that the Reds are the front runners now.

Cueto Votto and Hamilton... jesus christ

I thought this one was kind of interesting from Orioles Hangout:

Which trade do you prefer (M's or Reds)?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Actually, the O's fans are thinking it'll be Hamilton added in.

They're pretty certain that it's already Cueto and Votto on the table for Bedard and that the Reds just upped the ante a bit for him.

The talks on the boards lately have been stuff like the Reds offered Bailey, Votto, Hamilton & Stubbs. I think that's overstating things. Nobody really knows what we've offered and what we haven't. However, this guy Belkast is in direct contact with an O's front-office guy who's in the war-room discussing trades. And if nothing else, it's very clear that the Reds are the front runners now.

Things can change pretty quickly when there are multiple teams in talks for the same guy. I'm sure McPhail is playing the Reds and
    Mariners against each other as we speak.
    Patiently awaiting the Orioles' next winning season.

I don't think it's Hamilton though. I personally think we'll deal either Hamilton OR Votto...not both. Bruce won't be in the deal either.

I'm hoping it's something like Cueto, Hamilton, Stubbs. With Bruce coming up, I think I'd rather keep Votto than Hamilton. I don't see us dealing Dunn or Junior and we simply have to unload one of our OF's. Hopper won't bring in enough, so that makes Josh the odd man out.

The think I'm really fighting over within myself is Bailey versus Cueto. We've heard (and seen) more about Bailey, but from what I hear of Johnny his control is lights-out. He doesn't have the velocity that Bailey does...but I'll take control over velocity any day of the week.

Who do you guys think has the better chance of succeeding? Bailey or Cueto?

Cueto has a better chance of being a good pitcher but Bailey has the chance to become a top of the rotation lights out guy

"I also spoke to my guy about Bedard. Here is what was said..... The Reds are the clear favorite right now and actually are considering names that we thought wouldn't be discussed. Yes the name is Bruce!!!! This does not mean they have included him in the deal, because they have not. What it does mean is that he said we were told that they would be willing to entertain the idea if that's what it took to land Bedard. Well obviously acording to my guy we said Bruce would have to be in a deal. The discussions have taking place atleast 2 times today that my guy is aware of. Now my take...If AM somehow gets Bruce in a deal he will by far be the greatest addition to the team in recent memory. Either way, I love how he goes about is business."

the latest from the oriole board's "insider"

God im going to barf

Any deal including Bruce + 2 more of the big 5 would make the Frank Robinson deal look good for the Reds.

If the Reds management makes a deal like this, they are idiots.

If they include Bruce in ANY deal for Bedard it won't be anything close to what we've been seeing previously. Heck, it may even be Bruce for Bedard +1. If it's the other way around, it won't be more than Bruce +1.

Not what I wanted to hear.

I'd stand pat and not trade anyone at this point. The asking price is too high. When you're Detroit and either in or close to the playoffs, that is one thing. When you're Cincinnati, you have to think more long term.

Turn Off Ads?