Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First base if Votto gets traded

First base if Votto gets traded

Obviously we still have hatte but he is getting older and he only provides so much offensively. But the nationals might be willing to move nick johnson considering they have dimitri young and did just sign him to a longer deal last year. I have always liked johnson, if he could stay healthy he could be very good. And at GABP his power numbers would improve.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: First base if Votto gets traded

You know, I've never got a suitable answer to this idea. Is there any chance that Dunn would be willing to switch to 1B? This would free up the room in the OF and allow us to move Votto. We already know Dunn's defense in LF is attrocious. His running is so clumsy and .... bulky? I can see him being an average first baseman. Any thoughts?

Dunn really needs to learn how to play 1st. Hes going to end up there at some point in his career anyways

That's what I think too.

Someone on the espn boards said that Dunn actually played some 1B earlier in his carreer. I certainly don't recall that though. Is that true? *heads off to see if he can find out*

~edited~

hmmm....106 ab's as a first baseman in the last 3 years. How in the world did I not know that? *stunned* Well, h&ll...let's get him some time there in ST, asap!!!
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 12-20-2007 at 03:15 PM.

yea he tried 1st base before and he was terrible and didnt act like he wanted to improve at it so they just gave up.

Then give him a freakin' ultimatum. Switch...or waive your no-trade clause. Because I'm certain we could get a Starting Pitcher deal done with Dunn in the equation.

Yea this isnt MVP baseball 2008

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Then give him a freakin' ultimatum. Switch...or waive your no-trade clause. Because I'm certain we could get a Starting Pitcher deal done with Dunn in the equation.
    Dunn for Bedard straight up? I like it. I'm sure the O's would not, but I like it!!!!

The O's are now saying that we've just now stated that we're willing to discuss Bruce for Bedard. Yikes.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I don't think it would be that hard to find a cheap FA to give us something at 1B. Just think Carlos Pena, Jack Cust, and Dmitri Young last year...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Nick Johnson is actually not a bad idea. I bet we could get him extremely cheap now that D.Young is tearing it up. Johnson is 30 and he has a pretty decent bat. His power would definitely soar going from the cavern of RFK to GABP. The past two years he hit right at .290 with about 25 bombs.

Naw, Nick Johnson is a better Sean Casey...

Thanks

We can put Jorge Cantu at first. OOPS! We cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Naw, Nick Johnson is a better Sean Casey...

Thanks
    Nick Johnson is Casey before he hurt his elbow. He has quite a bit of pop in his bat.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Dunn for Bedard straight up? I like it. I'm sure the O's would not, but I like it!!!!
    What does anybody think, the Reds could or would throw in with Dunn to sweeten this deal to make it happen? It's a "new" idea that maybe could benefit the '08 season and beyond. Not that I'm for trading Dunn, but it is a different train of thought toward protecting the big 4 or 5, "prospects"?

Turn Off Ads?