Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does that mean we sign Cameron?

Reds1990

Does that mean we sign Cameron?

Or is Jay Bruce ready? I sure hope this trade isn't a sign we are not going to try and get a Bedard or Blanton type pitcher.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Does that mean we sign Cameron?

I would think that it means Jay Bruce is in CF in 2008.

Much as I hate to see Hammy go, ^^^^ is exciting.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I think this means Jay Bruce and Norris Hopper are going to share some ABs. And as much as I hate it, it probably means Ryan Freaking Freel is back for another season.

This is a trade that I think is going to work out for both teams.

I think it might be a decent signing if it came to that

The only way I can see us signing Cameron is too have Griffey start the season in RF, and at midseason, bring up Bruce to platoon with Griffey in right. Than, at the end of next season, Griffey walks as a FA, and we're looking at an outfield of Dunn-Cameron-Bruce, which is a pretty solid defensive outfield. Ofcourse, Cameron's bat is only going to be degressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    The only way I can see us signing Cameron is too have Griffey start the season in RF, and at midseason, bring up Bruce to platoon with Griffey in right. Than, at the end of next season, Griffey walks as a FA, and we're looking at an outfield of Dunn-Cameron-Bruce, which is a pretty solid defensive outfield. Ofcourse, Cameron's bat is only going to be degressing.
    well, I really don't want to take a stance in defense of Cameron's bat... why degressing?

I project him as having similar numbers to AGon ... known for his defense but seeing a big inflation in his offense due to moving from pitcher's parks to a hitter's park... he'll be decent at the plate, IMO.

He might OPS around .800 or so. I'd like to sign him as long as it doesn't hold Bruce back. He could give other guys a rest and play if Griffey is injured again. Over .900 OPS against lefties. He could help in a limited role.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Plus he won't be available in April because of his suspension... Griffey will probably be hurt by then...

If Cameron is cheap then sign him. If not then no thanks

What is cheap? To me, it is $5 million or less for 2 years...

From Trent, quoating Krivdawg:

On center: "That’s open for competition, that’s what spring trainig will determine. Dusty will play the guy he’s giving, with Hopper, Freel, Dickerson and Bruce we’re with four guys in competition for playing time."

To me that sounds like he doesn't have a center fielder for next year and would like to sign Cameron.

Cameron would be a great option, since it looks like he will be cheap, and he would be a great fourth outfielder if Bruce does develop next year. It is always good to have depth at every position.

However bad his bat his, he more than makes up for it with his defense. If he is in center, I see the Reds team ERA going down at least a half a run.

He's adequate offensively. He's had an OPS+ over 100 pretty much every year of his career...

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I wouldn't be horrified if it happened although I would rather see the money used towards a left-handed bullpen arm or towards Dunn's LTC.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I wouldn't be horrified if it happened although I would rather see the money used towards a left-handed bullpen arm or towards Dunn's LTC.
    ditto Dunn's LTC, but I'm a Jon Coutlangus fan...

I know I'm one of the few. But anybody else want on the Coco Crisp bandwagon? Boston seems willing to part with him.

Turn Off Ads?