Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds #22 prospect?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Castro

0 0%
  • Zach Cozart

0 0%
  • Chris Dickerson

9 11.69%
  • Richie Gardner

2 2.60%
  • Rafael Gonzalez

0 0%
  • Danny Herrera

3 3.90%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

2 2.60%
  • Sam Lecure

13 16.88%
  • Derrik Lutz

3 3.90%
  • Marcus McBeth

14 18.18%
  • Justin Reed

1 1.30%
  • Jordan Smith

0 0%
  • Craig Tatum

1 1.30%
  • Justin Turner

4 5.19%
  • Chris Valaika

23 29.87%
  • Phil Valiquette

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

2 2.60%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #22

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Redszone Community Prospect Vote #22

Vote for the player who you think is the Reds #22 prospect (the best prospect who is not yet on the list). We will go with this as far as you guys want to take it.

I will post a new list every 2 days with 10-15 options to vote on.

If you feel like making an argument on why a guy should be voted here, feel free to vote and state why you voted for that player.

If there is someone that is not currently listed as an option to vote on, vote for 'other' then just state who you want to vote for in the thread.

If there is anyone you would like to see as an option on the next poll, just say so and if they garner enough support, they will be placed on the next poll. Guys with the lowest amount of votes will usually be removed for the next few guys who were talked about in the previous thread.

Player(s) who recieved 0 votes last round and will go back into rotation - Scott Carroll, Tzu-Kai Chui, Sean Henry, Paul Janish and Ramon Ramirez.

Prospect 1 - Jay Bruce
    Prospect 2 - Homer Bailey
    Prospect 3 - Johnny Cueto
    Prospect 4 - Joey Votto
    Prospect 5 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect 6 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect 7 - Matt Maloney
    Prospect 8 - Josh Roenicke
    Prospect 9 - Travis Wood
    Prospect 10 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect 11 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect 12 - Danny Dorn
    Prospect 13 - Sean Watson
    Prospect 14 - Carlos Fisher
    Prospect 15 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect 16 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect 17 - Brandon Waring
    Prospect 18 - Adam Rosales
    Prospect 19 - Tyler Pelland
    Prospect 20 - Daryl Thompson
    Prospect 21 - Pedro Viola
    Last edited by dougdirt; 12-29-2007 at 06:06 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Community Prospect Vote #22

Has anybody seen the numbers McBeth put up in the minors at the end of last year? They're rediculious. He had a sub two ERA. He got my vote.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Reds seem to like Ramon Ramirez

For the position players listed, I think Justin Turner is the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Reds seem to like Ramon Ramirez
    Yep. I'd like to see him added on the next one. He began the year in Sarasota as a starter and posted a 4.05 ERA but a very strong 25 bb/86 K rate in 73.1 innings. After a promotion to Chattanooga, he was placed in the bullpen and proceeded to strikeout 35 batters in 31.1 innings. A few months later he was promoted to Louisville and there he threw 14.2 innings of shutout ball while allowing only 7 hits and striking out 16 batters. Overall, in 119.1 innings he allowed only 8 homeruns and struckout 137 batters. The Reds thought enough of him to place him on the 40-man roster. With those K rates, he could develop into a fine reliever.

I'll probably vote for him around 25-27.

I went with Valika in this one, though I now wish I had gone with Marcus McBeth or Sam Lecure after thinking about it.

Added Ramon Ramirez to the rotation of guys who will be put on in place of those who didn't get votes.

After Lecure, I like Justin Reed who did well at GCL and Billings. Still a very young player.

Travis Webb, put up similar numbers to those of Jordan Smith and Rafeal Gonzalez in Dayton last season, he had a slightly better era, fewer hits per nine and missed more bats. Needs to work on his command, but he should be on the list, he's also a lefty. Doug, what do you know about Juan Rafeal, he's another guy who had a better showing than Carrol, posted a 2.3 era in the GCL then ended the season in Sarasota with a 2.6 era in 17ip. Only gave up 1hr in 55 innings. Are these guys not as projectable?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Has anybody seen the numbers McBeth put up in the minors at the end of last year? They're rediculious. He had a sub two ERA. He got my vote.

Agree, his numbers were sick.

How he drops this far is beyond me. He has only been pitching a few years. Kind of in the Roenicke mold, and look where Roenicke is ranked.

I voted for McBeth as well. The only question with him is his ability to succeed at the major league level.

I think McBeth will be fine in the majors.... the reason I won't vote for him yet is that he is already a 27 year old reliever who will be a rookie next year still while Chris Valaika, Sam Lecure and Justin Turner are still on the ballot.

Other... Steve Carroll!!!

LeCure and McBeth IMHO are the most talented players left on the ballot.

Danny Herrera. Dude throws a screwball, which means he's awesome.

I'm just ticked I didn't realize he was on the last two ballots...

I've been voting for Dickerson for a while now. Plus, Plus defense, LH Bat which gives him the platoon advantage most days, good speed with a decent SB success rate, enough plate discipline to get on base at the top of the line-up, just enough power to get a big boost from GABP and on the verge of being ready now (a huge factor IMO). I think he's the kind of guy who could put up a few pretty good years (for a defensive minded CF) in GABP while really helping the defense for cheap. If he's handled correctly he could be dealt for future help as he starts to get expensive. He's the type of guy that can go from asset to liability quickly if the team holds him too long, but at this point, getting a role player for few cheap years who may fit the team's needs (OF defense with speed and enough power to take advantage of the home park) is all you can ask for.

I have Dickerson at 12 with McBeth at 13 on my personal list.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?