Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: AAA Rotation

  1. #1
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,250

    AAA Rotation

    I think this trade solidifies, somewhat, the AAA rotation barring another acquisition at the major league level (Bedard, Colon, Leiber)


    First the Reds rotation as I see it:

    Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Volquez, Bailey.

    Louisville:

    Cueto, Maloney, LeCure, Gardner & Shearn

    That's a nice top 3 with Gardner being my sleeper pick. The rule 5 pickup could be retained and start at AAA if a trade for his rights can be worked out.

    There is some depth to the Reds rotation. The thought boggles my mind.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,133

    Re: AAA Rotation

    I suspect the Reds aren't done setting the rotation yet. I expect Mr. Bailey will start the season in AAA with Volquez as the resident young stud in the majors.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  4. #3
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: AAA Rotation

    What about my main man Carlos Fisher? I expect him to begin the season in Louisville also. He's my sleeper pick to have a breakout season. I really like what he brings to the table: big frame at 6'4" 215, fresh arm, and solid stuff across the board. I think he could develop into an innings eating #3 or 4 starter or a nice back end of the bullpen arm.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What about my main man Carlos Fisher? I expect him to begin the season in Louisville also. He's my sleeper pick to have a breakout season. I really like what he brings to the table: big frame at 6'4" 215, fresh arm, and solid stuff across the board. I think he could develop into an innings eating #3 or 4 starter or a nice back end of the bullpen arm.
    I'd like to see that hard sinking fastball coming out of the bullpen... could be like Good Danny Graves.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

    ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

  6. #5
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    34,818

    Re: AAA Rotation

    I would be surprised is Fisher started in Louisville. He pitched ok in AA, but I think he could use some more time there.

  7. #6
    Member chicoruiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: AAA Rotation

    If Fisher starts in AA, that could be a very solid rotation as well...any predictions?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

  8. #7
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I think this trade solidifies, somewhat, the AAA rotation barring another acquisition at the major league level (Bedard, Colon, Leiber)


    First the Reds rotation as I see it:

    Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Volquez, Bailey.

    Louisville:

    Cueto, Maloney, LeCure, Gardner & Shearn

    That's a nice top 3 with Gardner being my sleeper pick. The rule 5 pickup could be retained and start at AAA if a trade for his rights can be worked out.

    There is some depth to the Reds rotation. The thought boggles my mind.
    Spring Training oughta be interesting to see how this all plays out. But somehow I think little Jhonny surprises folks and ends up in the show, maybe not right off w/o the need for a 5th starter but he may get the nod over Homer, unless Homer has made some strides in the off-season. But I do think that Volquez sits at #4 right now behind Harang, Arroyo and Belisle.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,673

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Spring Training oughta be interesting to see how this all plays out. But somehow I think little Jhonny surprises folks and ends up in the show, maybe not right off w/o the need for a 5th starter but he may get the nod over Homer, unless Homer has made some strides in the off-season. But I do think that Volquez sits at #4 right now behind Harang, Arroyo and Belisle.
    Personally, I think Homer will kick Johnny's butt in spring training.

    Most exciting Reds spring training in years.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: AAA Rotation

    The real exciting thing about this spring training is that there will actually be a competition. No more playing guys based on contracts (Milton) rather than results.

  11. #10
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    The real exciting thing about this spring training is that there will actually be a competition. No more playing guys based on contracts (Milton) rather than results.
    Hey Mike Stanton!
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  12. #11
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Personally, I think Homer will kick Johnny's butt in spring training.

    Most exciting Reds spring training in years.
    I hope so!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hey Mike Stanton!
    I completely forgot about him. Well at least Castro is gone.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    619

    Re: AAA Rotation

    castro is still under contract, isnt he?
    "I hate SF."

    -Mat Latos

  15. #14
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: AAA Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    castro is still under contract, isnt he?
    yes. recovering from tommy j surgery but should be back by spring training or close to then...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: AAA Rotation

    I was being sarcastic about Castro.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25