Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AAA Rotation

Re: AAA Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by David Cubbedge View Post
    Same question here, I would rather have these guys in Louisville too. Especially since they should be ready. But what happens with guys like Lincoln, Brower, McBeth, Coutlangus?
    McBeth/Coutlangus could possibly make the Reds out of ST but if not, both will be in Louisvillw while chaff like Brower and Lincoln will probably be released.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And of course Stanton has not been mentioned anywhere. I did that for a reason. I wish they would release him no matter his guaranteed contract.

I like the MLB bullpen for once though.

Cordero, Weathers, Burton, Affeldt, Bray, Coffey, Majewski

And just think about it if Volquez goes to the bullpen and Bailey is in the rotation. Sick!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Livingston is not going to be around to start the season...

I think you have too many vets that got invites to spring in the AAA bullpen but...

I haven't been following minor league baseball for very long so maybe some of the vets can help me out: Is that one of the best AAA rotations you have ever seen?
    Since I began following the minor leagues in 2001, I'd have to say it's the best AAA rotation that I can remember. The top two guys have legit chances at being top-of-the-rotation starters in the major leagues someday, while Maloney looks like a potential solid innings eater you can pencil in at #4. Fisher is an interesting guy - he throws in the low 90's with a sinker and has a durable frame. He too could settle in as a solid innings eater or he could be a very good reliever. BA likes him as a future setup man.

Gardner at one time looked like a great prospect but injuries have slowed him down. He no longer has the ceiling that he once did but he could still see some major league time down the road.

Moving from the AAA rotation talk to the Dayton rotation for a minute: One guy I like in that rotation is Juan Rafael. He's really an unknown like Cueto was a couple years ago...I'm not sure what he throws but his numbers last year were impressive. Maybe he'll pull a Cueto and come out of no where to surprise us.

Link to Rafael's stats:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=465071

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Since I began following the minor leagues in 2001, I'd have to say it's the best AAA rotation that I can remember. The top two guys have legit chances at being top-of-the-rotation starters in the major leagues someday, while Maloney looks like a potential solid innings eater you can pencil in at #4. Fisher is an interesting guy - he throws in the low 90's with a sinker and has a durable frame. He too could settle in as a solid innings eater or he could be a very good reliever. BA likes him as a future setup man.

Gardner at one time looked like a great prospect but injuries have slowed him down. He no longer has the ceiling that he once did but he could still see some major league time down the road.

Moving from the AAA rotation talk to the Dayton rotation for a minute: One guy I like in that rotation is Juan Rafael. He's really an unknown like Cueto was a couple years ago...I'm not sure what he throws but his numbers last year were impressive. Maybe he'll pull a Cueto and come out of no where to surprise us.

Link to Rafael's stats:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=465071
    thanks for the reply and that is what I was thinking...

As for this Rafael, I would love if he is the next Cueto, but his age will be working against him... his stats are promising though

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I haven't been following minor league baseball for very long so maybe some of the vets can help me out: Is that one of the best AAA rotations you have ever seen?
    The 1995 Norfolk Tides featured all three members of the Mets fabled 'Three Aces' pitching prospects (Bill Pulsipher, Jason Isringhausen, Paul Wilson) plus Paul Byrd. That's the most talented rotation I have ever seen at the AAA level.

The fact that most of those guys ended up being huge disappointments should serve as a cautionary tale for those who are assuming that everything will come up roses for the Reds young pitching prospects.

Another example that springs to mind is the Oakland A's AA & AAA affiliates in 1999-2000 that featured Mulder, Hudson, & Zito in various combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cubbedge View Post
    And of course Stanton has not been mentioned anywhere. I did that for a reason. I wish they would release him no matter his guaranteed contract.

I like the MLB bullpen for once though.

Cordero, Weathers, Burton, Affeldt, Bray, Coffey, Majewski

And just think about it if Volquez goes to the bullpen and Bailey is in the rotation. Sick!
    I doubt either Bray or Maj are in the pen to start the year. That opens a spot for Cout and possible Roenicke. Bray's shoulder is barking and Maj is done. he was done BEFORE the Reds got him. all his success in Washington was smoke, mirrors and park factor.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

the Bats are going to really good this year

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I doubt either Bray or Maj are in the pen to start the year. That opens a spot for Cout and possible Roenicke. Bray's shoulder is barking and Maj is done. he was done BEFORE the Reds got him. all his success in Washington was smoke, mirrors and park factor.
    Last I saw Dusty was raving on Maj. Be careful in your assumptions.

yeah, I read that too. but even when he was healthy, he wasn't any good. I'm hoping it's just big Dust throwing around praise to everyone.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

well Majik sure didn't help his chances today...

Turn Off Ads?