Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAA Rotation

Re: AAA Rotation

not that its of any importance, especially because im not to familiar with him, but Justin James( pitcher we recieved in trading bucky coats to blue jays.) is also a starter available in triple A.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    He also pitched in A+ in '06 although he didn't look very good. However I have to think the kid was injured if you read some of what I have. He pitched very well both before and after High A, Ft Myers is the Twins High A club.
    Fisher, Thompson, Lecure, Vazquez, Avery, maybe Jukich and Ondrusek and, if he can put 10 healthy starts together, probably Wood may all be ahead of him and Watson is more highly regarded but clearly needs to start out in A+. Though no studs (unless Wood steps back-up) AA is crowded with interesting pitchers who deserve a look. Smit's included in that but he isn't in the top 6 for the AA rotation IMO.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Fisher, Thompson, Lecure, Vazquez, Avery, maybe Jukich and Ondrusek and, if he can put 10 healthy starts together, probably Wood may all be ahead of him and Watson is more highly regarded but clearly needs to start out in A+. Though no studs (unless Wood steps back-up) AA is crowded with interesting pitchers who deserve a look. Smit's included in that but he isn't in the top 6 for the AA rotation IMO.
    Oh your probably correct I haven't even begun to start breaking it down. I was just pointing out that he had more time in A+ than it appeared at 1st glance. I definitely think Watson will stay A+ he needs to continue to develop those secondary pitches so the inevitable (?) move to the pen can occur, likewise with Smit.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I would suspect Justin Lehr needs to be considered as one of the starters at Louisville. He and Jon Adkins will both likely be on that pitching staff.

In Justin Lehrs 66 games in the majors and Jon Adkins 115 neither have ever started a game once. Yes they may accept a minor league assignment after being cut from spring training but its unlikely either will be starting their.

Neither Lehr nor Adkins are on the 40 Man roster. They are on minor league contracts. Therefore they will not be cut if they fail to make the major league roster, they will just be reassigned to a minor league team. They have no option to refuse the assignment.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Most of Lehr's work in the minor leagues over the last three seasons has been as a starter. He just finished starting in the Mexican League this fall; his last five outings, by the way, were very impressive. I neve said anything about Adkins starting at Louisville; it seems to me, if he sticks, he's very likely to be on the staff at Louisville. Herrera's been acquired since; maybe that changes things. Lehr, I'd suggest, has a good chance to be somebody who gives starting innings there until Fisher or Lecure is ready for promotion from AA.

Here is what I have:

MLB:
    Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Fogg, Volquez
    pen: Cordero, Weathers, Burton, Affeldt, Bray, Coffey, Majewski

AAA:
    Bailey, Cueto, Maloney, Shearn, Livingston
    pen: Roenicke, Mercker, Sauerbeck, McBeth, Coutlangus, Brower, Lincoln

AA:
    Gardner, Lecure, Thompson, Fisher, Smit
    pen: Viola, Watson, Ramirez, Salmon, Pelland, Kelly

High A:
    Wood, Lotzkar, Ravin, Jukich, Smith
    pen: Lutz, Hildenbrandt, Carroll, Valiquette

Lotzkar in High-A? No way. Kid just turned 18 a few months ago and only has 30 or so professional innings under his belt. He should begin the year at Dayton, and that's probably pushing it a bit. Also, Gardner and Fisher should be at AAA Louisville IMO.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Ravin too. He's no closer than Lotzkar.

Yeah I completely missed Ravin.

Brad Salmon, Tyler Pelland, and Ramon Ramirez in AA? That's a demotion from where they were to end the 2007 season. All three should start in Louisville, and the same could possibly be said for Viola, though it wouldn't shock me if he were back in AA.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Lotzkar in High-A? No way. Kid just turned 18 a few months ago and only has 30 or so professional innings under his belt. He should begin the year at Dayton, and that's probably pushing it a bit. Also, Gardner and Fisher should be at AAA Louisville IMO.

I am pretty much an amateur when it comes to minor league ball, so there is definitely room for error on my part. Pretty much, I am trying to figure out the rotations at each level but figured it gets too difficult once you get down to low A and below.

Thanks for the heads up fellas. How would you envision Sarasota's rotation then? And if you have Fisher and Gardner in Louisville, do you put Livingston and Shearn in Chattanooga?
    Last edited by David Cubbedge; 02-21-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yeah I completely missed Ravin.

Brad Salmon, Tyler Pelland, and Ramon Ramirez in AA? That's a demotion from where they were to end the 2007 season. All three should start in Louisville, and the same could possibly be said for Viola, though it wouldn't shock me if he were back in AA.
    Same question here, I would rather have these guys in Louisville too. Especially since they should be ready. But what happens with guys like Lincoln, Brower, McBeth, Coutlangus?

Quote Originally Posted by David Cubbedge View Post
    I am pretty much an amatuer when it comes to minor league ball, so there is definitely room for error on my part. Pretty much, I am trying to figure out the rotations at each level but figured it gets too difficult once you get down to low A and below.

Thanks for the heads up fellas. How would you envision Sarasota's rotation then? And if you have Fisher and Gardner in Louisville, do you put Livingston and Shearn in Chattanooga?
    Livingston is supposed to miss half the year IIRC.

My best guess for the Sarasota rotation is:

Travis Wood
    Jordan Smith
    Scott Carroll
    Travis Webb
    Rafael Gonzalez

Chattanooga:

Sean Watson
    Sam Lecure
    Alexander Smit
    Daryl Thompson
    Ben Jukich

Louisville:

Homer Bailey
    Johnny Cueto
    Matt Maloney
    Carlos Fisher
    Richie Gardner

Dayton:

Kyle Lotzkar
    Juan Rafael
    Josh Ravin
    Tzu-Kai Chiu
    Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Livingston is not going to be around to start the season...

I think you have too many vets that got invites to spring in the AAA bullpen but...

I haven't been following minor league baseball for very long so maybe some of the vets can help me out: Is that one of the best AAA rotations you have ever seen?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Turn Off Ads?