Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Next Stud Prospect

The Next Stud Prospect

Just looking through You Tube and found this video on Kyle Lotzkar, not any game action but its nice hear that he is working on his changeup.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F7DaPXGpp9c

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Next Stud Prospect

Thanks for the heads up. I think players will get a kick out of his Canadian accent. Of all the Reds prospects, he's the one I'm most excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I think players will get a kick out of his Canadian accent. Of all the Reds prospects, he's the one I'm most excited about.
    Um what accent ?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Thanks for the link. Good stuff to see.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Thanks for the link. I am very excited about the future of Kyle Lotzkar. I think he has a chance to be another prospect in the mold of Johnny Cueto and Homer Bailey. His combination of size (6'4, 205) and stuff makes him someone very much worth keeping an eye on. His fastball currently sits in the 91-94 range and has occasionally hit 95, plus he throws a curveball that has the potential to be a plus pitch according to BA, and a changeup that he is still working on (hopefully Soto can work with him on that). With Cueto and Bailey on the horizon, the Reds can afford to be patient with Lotzkar and let him properly develop.

We need to get Dunn in this program.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    We need to get Dunn in this program.
    yeah because he's not strong enough
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    yeah because he's not strong enough
    No, because he's not fast, or agile enough. They don't just work on strength, they do core exercises, that make you flexible, and more agile.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Good find. It looks like Lotzkar has plenty of work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Um what accent ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Lotzkar
    What Cincinnati's telling me to do is fill oot.

I hope he's in the Bailey/Cueto mold. Then, instead of being patient enough to see him develop as part of a really dominating rotation, we can package him off for a league average starter in order to have a chance to be slightly less bad than the rest of the Central division.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I hope he's in the Bailey/Cueto mold. Then, instead of being patient enough to see him develop as part of a really dominating rotation, we can package him off for a league average starter in order to have a chance to be slightly less bad than the rest of the Central division.
    Or the Reds could watch as he goes all Ty Howington on them, invest a ton of money into rehab and surgeries all to get nothing.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Or we could trade him for a league average starter, watch that guy go all Kevin Brown on us, and invest a lot of money into rehab and surgeries and get nothing. Risk doesn't go away just because the guy is a few years older. Plus, you can't spread that risk among several players.

Win-win.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Or the Reds could watch as he goes all Ty Howington on them, invest a ton of money into rehab and surgeries all to get nothing.
    I figured it would be a good idea to go ahead and schedule him for Tommy John. If they get that out of the way early, he might recover by the time his labrum goes.

I like this kid's future.

Turn Off Ads?