Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rudi Johnson had better not be a Bengal next season.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Rudi Johnson had better not be a Bengal next season.

I think Carson is trying to do too much at times. He's trying to make the great plays instead of settling for a bunch of good plays. Rudi being gone hasn't helped because we've had some inexperience in the running game (which does affect the passing game), but between Watson, Dorsey, and Irons (if he can come back next year and be great), the running game will be just fine next season with all those guys being healthy. I wish we had gotten to see Irons play this year. I think Carson has also been the victim of some bad catches and some bad breaks but overall, I just think he's tried to do too much at times and it's hurt him this year. I'm not as worried about the offense for next year (they'll fix things) but we REALLY need to get some defensive guys in here more like Dexter Jackson and Dhani Jones who have been good playmakers most of this year. Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph are good but they're still young and learning. Our linebacking core got hit hard by injuries but came back stronger near the end of the season. Overall though, I think our defense needs the most work.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I think we're all losing sight of what's important here.

There's $50 bucks on the line. I haven't done any Christmas shopping, and Carson's trying to ruin everything.

It'll take a miracle for me to claim victory. A Christmas miracle.
    What about a Festivus miracle??
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I've could certainly start airing grievences.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    We shall begin with the Airing of Grievances.

Chuck Bresnahan, my observations tell me that your defense stinks!
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post

I think that's my favorite five minutes in Seinfeld history.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I hope it didn't take you all season to come to that observation! LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Bresnahan you couldn't construct a defense if you had a hot date and a ..... .... ....

I've lost my train of thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Bresnahan...........Have you seen the pole?

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    The Bengals didn't play a great game but they exposed the Browns for what they are; a mediocre team that has gotten lucky at the right times in games and had some pretense that that they were actually a 'good' team.

Now, the Bengals need to cure their own ills. It's time for Rudy to go. What's up with Carson Palmer. I believe in this guy. He has skills equal or better than any QB in the league. Yet, over the last 4-5 games he's played terrible and he's played tenative. Is it Marvin's offensive plan that has screwed him up or is he trying to do too much.

Rem
    I think what has happened to Carson is what we saw in this game today. In the first half Watson ran the ball effectively, in the second half the running game disappeared. Palmer needs a running game to be an effective QB. Without the run he has to force the issue which results in a lot of interceptions.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I think what has happened to Carson is what we saw in this game today. In the first half Watson ran the ball effectively, in the second half the running game disappeared. Palmer needs a running game to be an effective QB. Without the run he has to force the issue which results in a lot of interceptions.
    Chargers RB Michael Turner is a FA this offseason...just saying.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Well that was a fugly game. Bad time for Derek Anderson to go all Derek Anderson on us. The only thing keeping him from looking truly putrid was Palmer's counterbalancing suckedness. Had a swell time mixing it up with some good-natured "Gal fans.

If you combined both defenses together would we still have a capable squad? My beloved Brownies aren't a playoff caliber team I'm afraid, but I sure hope they get to play one.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

The only team that beat the Browns today was the Browns.

Go figure, if the Browns lose next week and the Titans lose, they are in.

If the Browns win and the Titans win, they are out.

Funky NFL playoff scenarios.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    The only team that beat the Browns today was the Browns.
    I agree to a point. I have to give the Bengal's defensive front a lot of credit for their penetration up front and putting pressure on Anderson.

Total yards: 380 (Browns) 270 (Bengals)
    Time of Possession: 33:06 (Browns) 26:54 (Bengals)
    Passing: 244 (Anderson) 115 (Palmer)

I thought the game was over at halftime when it was 19-0. The way the Browns were playing, I thought there was no way they were going to score enough to overcome those 19 pts while still holding the Bengals scoreless in the 2nd half. Yet they almost did it.

Two blown FG opportunities by the Brownies in that 1st quarter..... the muffed snap mishandled by Zastudil at the Bengal's 22, and the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 at the Bengal's 19 where Lewis was stopped for no gain. I thought that was a terrible call by Crennel to run the ball off tackle like that when the Bengals were ready for it. Take the 3 pts. If nothing else, throw an quick slant to one of your receivers.

How important were those 6 pts?

The Bengals had the ball less then two minutes in the 3rd quarter, and we were moving the ball, yet kept finding ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. Anderson made some very poor decisions with the ball, that is for sure; but the wind gave both of these QBs problems. When is the last time anyone saw Palmer throw for 115 yds?

Two minutes decided the game.

Go figure, if the Browns lose next week and the Titans lose, they are in.

If the Browns win and the Titans win, they are out.
    How many of us Brown fans, going into this season, even dreamed we even be fighting for a playoff spot at this stage of the season?

Before the season, my brother (a Bengals fan) and I wrote down our predictions for these two teams. I predicted 7-9 for both teams. I thought the Bengals lost too much (talent-wise), and that the Browns had improved their offensive line to possibly go 8-8. But I played it safe with the 7-9 prediction.

So I am more then pleased with what the Browns have accomplished this season.

Would I love to see them make it into the post-season? Yeah. But they'd be eliminated in the first game IMO. The Steelers are going down in that first week too. Jacksonville could be the dark horse. They are playing some of the best football in the NFL right now.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

In the "it could be worse" category, I watched about half of the Dolphins-Pats game yesterday and had bad flashbacks of the David Shula era. Whoever got the bright idea that Cam Cameron was an NFL coach needs fired immediately. I saw Lemon throw a pass that went end over end.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    In the "it could be worse" category, I watched about half of the Dolphins-Pats game yesterday and had bad flashbacks of the David Shula era. Whoever got the bright idea that Cam Cameron was an NFL coach needs fired immediately. I saw Lemon throw a pass that went end over end.
    With the Dolphins it is a bit more complex than just bad coaching. Bad drafting and an aging defense play a huge part in why that team has fallen so fast. The best coach in the league may have gotten to three wins with that bunch.

Dave Shula makes me shiver, worst coach ever.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?