Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,072

    Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    I just read that Bob Sanders is slated to become a free agent this off-season...I don't follow the NFL as closely as many here do, nor do I know his contract status or demands. But I do assume Indy is going to try to resign him.

    But let's say Sanders does make it to free agency...is there any chance the Bengals could make a run at him? I love watching him, from what I've seen in the handful of Colts games I've watched this year. But would he be out of the Bengals' price range?

    Thoughts?
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    The Bengals have a pretty good young secondary. Ndukwe played well today. They also have Marvin White, Dexter Jackson, and Madieu Williams. I just don't think that is an area they will aggressivly persue. None the less, he is a terrific player, and could only help this team.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  4. #3
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    With Freeney resigned last offseason, I'm willing to bet Sanders will at the very least get 'Franchised' by the Colts. No doubt however that the Bengals secondary would gladly welcome him. But than again, when was the last time the Bengals signed a notable free agent? Lorenzo Neal? Jeez...this team is hopeless.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,072

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    The Bengals have a pretty good young secondary. Ndukwe played well today. They also have Marvin White, Dexter Jackson, and Madieu Williams. I just don't think that is an area they will aggressivly persue. None the less, he is a terrific player, and could only help this team.
    I do like Madieu Williams, and I also forgot Ndukwe, who's been impressive when he's played this season. I don't know about Marvin White, but to me Dexter Jackson looks like he's a lost a step out there. But reading now, I guess the secondary doesn't seem as big of a problem as I thought.

    What about, then, Lance Briggs, the Chicago LB?
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

  6. #5
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    The Bengals have a pretty good young secondary. Ndukwe played well today. They also have Marvin White, Dexter Jackson, and Madieu Williams. I just don't think that is an area they will aggressivly persue. None the less, he is a terrific player, and could only help this team.
    If Dexter Jackson and Madieu Williams are our starting safeties next year, it'll be 2007 all over again. With the exception of Leon Hall, Jonathan Joseph, and Ndukwe (maybe Geathers), the entire defense needs to be overhauled. I really don't think any one of our front seven would start anywhere besides in Cincy.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,072

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Other notable FAs who may be of interest to the Bengals:
    DE Jared Allen, G Alan Faneca, DT Albert Haynesworth, LB Lance Briggs, LB Terrell Suggs, T Flozell Adams, TE Dallas Clark, S Gibril Wilson
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    I'd like to see the Bengals go after some D-lineman. Get rid of Justin Smith and sign Suggs or Haynesworth while drafting Ellis or Gholston.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

  9. #8
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'd like to see the Bengals go after some D-lineman. Get rid of Justin Smith and sign Suggs or Haynesworth while drafting Ellis or Gholston.
    I agree about getting rid of Justin Smith, and I would feel absolutely giddy if we could land Haynesworth or Suggs, but neither is going to be available. Both are going to be signed to LTC or Franchised at the very least.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  10. #9
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    I've heard talk today about blowing up the D and revamping, which I think would be a good thing. I'm not so much concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7. Get better up front and that will in turn make guys like Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Williams and White better. It was annoying though that no one seemed to be anywhere near the receiver on the Browns touchdowns today.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  11. #10
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I've heard talk today about blowing up the D and revamping, which I think would be a good thing. I'm not so much concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7. Get better up front and that will in turn make guys like Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Williams and White better. It was annoying though that no one seemed to be anywhere near the receiver on the Browns touchdowns today.
    Two rookie safeties will do that to ya. Both times they were "passed off" by the DB covering them with the expectation of safety help... unfortunately, the safety help was nowhere to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #11
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Two rookie safeties will do that to ya. Both times they were "passed off" by the DB covering them with the expectation of safety help... unfortunately, the safety help was nowhere to be found.
    Hopefully, they'll learn from the mistakes and improve. That's why I'm not as concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  13. #12
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Hopefully, they'll learn from the mistakes and improve. That's why I'm not as concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7.
    Agree.

    Wasn't that the first start this season for both of those two players? Maybe Ndukwe has started a game or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #13
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    The pressure generated by our front seven--or lack thereof--is beyond atrocious.

    I truly hope that next week is the last time we see Justin Smith in a Bengals uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  15. #14
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,509

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    As a Colts fan, I can tell you, there's no way we don't resign him.

  16. #15
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,605

    Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The pressure generated by our front seven--or lack thereof--is beyond atrocious.

    I truly hope that next week is the last time we see Justin Smith in a Bengals uniform.
    So, Justin Smith is the whole front 7? He actually played a heckuva game today and there was a pretty good pass rush all day. Anderson didn't have much time to throw the entire game, had his arm hit at least once on a big 4th down play, there was a tip, a few hurries... The first half of the season I'd agree, but the push has been much better the second half.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25