Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

I just read that Bob Sanders is slated to become a free agent this off-season...I don't follow the NFL as closely as many here do, nor do I know his contract status or demands. But I do assume Indy is going to try to resign him.

But let's say Sanders does make it to free agency...is there any chance the Bengals could make a run at him? I love watching him, from what I've seen in the handful of Colts games I've watched this year. But would he be out of the Bengals' price range?

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bob Sanders/Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have a pretty good young secondary. Ndukwe played well today. They also have Marvin White, Dexter Jackson, and Madieu Williams. I just don't think that is an area they will aggressivly persue. None the less, he is a terrific player, and could only help this team.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

With Freeney resigned last offseason, I'm willing to bet Sanders will at the very least get 'Franchised' by the Colts. No doubt however that the Bengals secondary would gladly welcome him. But than again, when was the last time the Bengals signed a notable free agent? Lorenzo Neal? Jeez...this team is hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    The Bengals have a pretty good young secondary. Ndukwe played well today. They also have Marvin White, Dexter Jackson, and Madieu Williams. I just don't think that is an area they will aggressivly persue. None the less, he is a terrific player, and could only help this team.
    I do like Madieu Williams, and I also forgot Ndukwe, who's been impressive when he's played this season. I don't know about Marvin White, but to me Dexter Jackson looks like he's a lost a step out there. But reading now, I guess the secondary doesn't seem as big of a problem as I thought.

What about, then, Lance Briggs, the Chicago LB?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    If Dexter Jackson and Madieu Williams are our starting safeties next year, it'll be 2007 all over again. With the exception of Leon Hall, Jonathan Joseph, and Ndukwe (maybe Geathers), the entire defense needs to be overhauled. I really don't think any one of our front seven would start anywhere besides in Cincy.

Other notable FAs who may be of interest to the Bengals:
    DE Jared Allen, G Alan Faneca, DT Albert Haynesworth, LB Lance Briggs, LB Terrell Suggs, T Flozell Adams, TE Dallas Clark, S Gibril Wilson

I'd like to see the Bengals go after some D-lineman. Get rid of Justin Smith and sign Suggs or Haynesworth while drafting Ellis or Gholston.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'd like to see the Bengals go after some D-lineman. Get rid of Justin Smith and sign Suggs or Haynesworth while drafting Ellis or Gholston.
    I agree about getting rid of Justin Smith, and I would feel absolutely giddy if we could land Haynesworth or Suggs, but neither is going to be available. Both are going to be signed to LTC or Franchised at the very least.

I've heard talk today about blowing up the D and revamping, which I think would be a good thing. I'm not so much concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7. Get better up front and that will in turn make guys like Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Williams and White better. It was annoying though that no one seemed to be anywhere near the receiver on the Browns touchdowns today.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I've heard talk today about blowing up the D and revamping, which I think would be a good thing. I'm not so much concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7. Get better up front and that will in turn make guys like Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Williams and White better. It was annoying though that no one seemed to be anywhere near the receiver on the Browns touchdowns today.
    Two rookie safeties will do that to ya. Both times they were "passed off" by the DB covering them with the expectation of safety help... unfortunately, the safety help was nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Two rookie safeties will do that to ya. Both times they were "passed off" by the DB covering them with the expectation of safety help... unfortunately, the safety help was nowhere to be found.
    Hopefully, they'll learn from the mistakes and improve. That's why I'm not as concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Hopefully, they'll learn from the mistakes and improve. That's why I'm not as concerned about the secondary as I am the front 7.
    Agree.

Wasn't that the first start this season for both of those two players? Maybe Ndukwe has started a game or two.

The pressure generated by our front seven--or lack thereof--is beyond atrocious.

I truly hope that next week is the last time we see Justin Smith in a Bengals uniform.

Stat geek...and proud

As a Colts fan, I can tell you, there's no way we don't resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The pressure generated by our front seven--or lack thereof--is beyond atrocious.

I truly hope that next week is the last time we see Justin Smith in a Bengals uniform.
    So, Justin Smith is the whole front 7? He actually played a heckuva game today and there was a pretty good pass rush all day. Anderson didn't have much time to throw the entire game, had his arm hit at least once on a big 4th down play, there was a tip, a few hurries... The first half of the season I'd agree, but the push has been much better the second half.

Turn Off Ads?