Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should Wayne Krivsky's contract be extended?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 36.89%
  • No

10 9.71%
  • He should be further evaluated this season

55 53.40%

Thread: Should Wayne Krivsky's contract be extended?

Threaded View

Should Wayne Krivsky's contract be extended?

With seemingly nearly everyone behind the Francisco Cordero and Josh Hamilton-for-Edinson Volquez trade, it seems that everyone can agree that Wayne Krivsky has had a great year. With his contract set to run out after this year, do you think his past year of success was enough to get his contract extended?

I think so. I'm not sure if I would do it right now, but maybe sometime in July or August.

As a whole, I've been pretty impressed with the work Wayne Krivsky has did in his roughly two years as the Reds general manager. Yes the Kearns/Lopez trade was bad and the Mike Stanton signing was bad, but IMO the positives outweigh the negatives.

Positives:

-Signing Adam Dunn to a 2-year extension with an option for 2008, which he later picked up.

-Trading Wily Mo Pena for Bronson Arroyo.

-Extending Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo's contracts well below market for four more years.

-Picked up Jon Coutlangus for nothing.

-Acquired Jeff Keppinger again for nearly nothing.

-Signing Scott Hatteberg.

-Picking up David Ross for next to nothing.

-Trading Jeff Stevens for Brandon Phillips.

-Picking up Jared Burton and Josh Hamilton via the Rule 5 draft for pocket change.

-Very solid 2007 draft. I am very high on several of his picks.

-Acquired Kyle Lohse for Zach Ward and turned around and traded Lohse for Matt Maloney, who is a better prospect than Ward.

-Trading Josh Hamilton for Edinson Volquez.

-Signing Francisco Cordero.

Negatives:

-Traded Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez for Gary Majewski and Billy Bray.

-Signed Mike Stanton and Juan Castro plus a few other older veterans.

-Passed on Tim Lincecum for Drew Stubbs in the 2006 baseball draft.

I may be forgetting a couple so correct me if I did. In my opinion Wayne Krivsky has did a pretty solid job since becoming the Reds GM nearly two years ago, but it's been the past year that has really caught my eye. I think he is worthy of a contract extension, if not right now, but definitely sometime during the summer.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 12-26-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Turn Off Ads?