Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was your Christmas??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Future Reds All Star

How was your Christmas??

We have had a thread like this over the years. No one started one this year so I thought I would Always fun to read.

How was your Christmas? Did you receive anything special that you would like to share with us? Anything really surprising happen this year? What are some of your traditions? These are just examples. Post anything you would like!

Hope everyone here on Redszone had a great Christmas!!

Future Reds All Star

Re: How was your Christmas??

Mine was great as usual! Having a little one in the house makes it so much fun. He is 7 and still believes in Santa with all his heart! I hope we get another year or two but you just never know.

Baseball wise I received a Barry Larkin bobblehead and a new Reds hat. Football, a Bengals hat, T-Shirt and sweatshirt. The little guy got a Bronson bobblehead & Jersey. He was pretty excited about it. I got him a Dunn jersey but gave it to him early so he had it for Redsfest.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

My Christmas was ok..as far as traditions, my spouse and I usually visit her in-laws in Lima, OH and go to Christmas Eve service in Cairo, OH...nothing too spectacular--and unfortunately as I get older it seems the holidays become more of an ordeal....could have something to do with working for a non-profit that puts on a holiday event for the less fortunate....fulfilling to see how we help others, but verrrry tiring preparing for and cleaning up after.....looking forward to the winter caravan...Happy New Year, all...

Wonderful - especially with such pleasant weather.

I got a digital camera, a new coat, some clothes & a couple of gift cards to Barnes & Nobles and other stores. I can't imagine being any luckier than I was.

My niece was feeling bad, but my nephew (5) had a blast as usual.

It was great. When we came back from my brother's house to my grandparents, we got out of the van and saw 7 deer walking on the hillside, a couple big does & some young ones. That was a really cool site, especially when my nephew starting calling them "reindeer."

It was a wonderful, wonderful Christmas. We missed my great-aunt who passed away a few weeks ago, but know she's much happier now.

It was just incredibly enjoyable and fun. I just wish today had been a weekend day so we could have enjoyed it longer.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I got booze.

I also got money.

I have no complaints :

I also got to watch 3 little ones (not mine) eyes light up and smile real big when they opened up new toys that I bought them. That may have been the best part!

Part II is Friday.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 12-26-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I got booze.

I also got money.

I have no complaints :

I also got to watch 3 little ones (not mine) eyes light up and smile real big when they opened up new toys that I bought them. That may have been the best part!

Part II is Friday.
    Being the uncle is so cool.
    Being the uncle with no kids is even cooler.

I got a snowblower from my in laws and am much relieved.
    Part two is Saturday, but that's more giving than getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I got no booze this year. Five years in a row, I came home with a fifth of Jameson, but this year I struck out. Maybe people are trying to tell me something.

Christmas is always fun. I enjoy being with the family and the kids. This year was a little bit of a downer because one of my uncles had a heart attack three days before Christmas. He's going to be okay, but we missed having him around.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Last year my mother passed away on Dec 23rd, so I hardly even remember Christmas day. This year was much better, there were a couple times I really missed my parents, but I just called my brother and sister and talked long enough for them to make me laugh again...we have a great family. I have three daughters and they each got everything I could possibly think to give them and I got tons of hugs and couple dozen moments I'll remember forever (or until Alzheimer's takes them) I did a lot of cooking for my In-laws family gathering on Xmas eve and received loads of compliments on both my Macaroni & Cheese casserole and my Steak & Guinness pie. My seven-year old lost one of her front teeth on Xmas eve, so Santa and the Tooth Fairy both had to visit that night...she says she thinks they are friends and probably sat around her room chatting for a while. My two-year old insisted that she could help decorate the sugar cookies and proceeded to decorate herself, the dog, the walls, inside the silverware drawer, and a little on the cookies too. She's two, so every moment is special...the seven-year old got the DVD 'High School Musical 2' as a gift and the two-year old says, 'We wanna watch Moo-sickle!' She just rambles on in her own language sometimes and her pronunciation is just hilarious...I like it so much, I've recorded a couple of our conversations while she sits in my lap and talks to me. She's a pure joy. My seventeen-year old just broke up with her boyfriend, so she was very close to daddy for the whole holiday season. We talked a lot about her future plans and dreams as well as tons and tons of seemingly unimportant things that make us feel closer. We also watched a few holiday movies together and just cuddled without talking. My soul-mate and I worked very hard to make everything come out just right and the time after Christmas is really our best time...we get a lot of relaxed time together. Besides summer vacation, this is the only time we get large blocks of alone time. On a side note, did you know baby oil can actually break down the molecular structure of the plastic on a twister board? You'd think they'd make an oil-proof one by now.

Happy Holidays RedsZone!!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

I had a wonderful Christmas as well, lots of stuff I didn't deserve naturally, but my favorite item was Reds related.

Some of you will remember back on September 25th of this year, they [the Reds] retired Davey Concepcion's number 13 and they gave away a commemorative print. The print came in a white envelope with the #13 on it really large and was a shot of Davey in the field. Well my wife had a custom frame and mat made for the print and the envelope side by side because I spent so much of the game just babbling on about Davey and how cool the print was. Its now hanging in my office and is simply wonderful.

Outside that was clothing [including a pair of Reds socks from my in-laws] dvds,cds, and so on. Wonderful Christmas indeed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

i thoroughly enjoyed it.

except for going to bed alone on Christmas Eve and Christmas for the first time in five years.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I had an awesome Christmas. I got Rock Band, Guitar Hero III, and a zune!!!
    Let's make some noise!

[including a pair of Reds socks from my in-laws]
    I got an extra pair of Reds socks, if you want them... {well, maybe your wife can wear them - size 9-11 black wool herringbone print}
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I went down to a family get-together last weekend, and I, as well as various other family members, went away with this stomach virus. It hit me like a rock Monday morning. Norovirus, or as it is commonly called "cruise ship virus" has really been making it's way through central and northeastern Ohio this winter. There was an article in the local paper on it the other day.

It's solely in the stomach and gastrointestinal regions. I spent Christmas Eve not even able to get out of bed. My stomach was a mess for the next 3 days as you constantly walk around with that nauseas "sea sick" feeling all the time.

Haven't eaten anything at all except soup and crackers; but I'm back on track today, and ready to get out of the house.

I want steak!!!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It probably would have been better had I not totaled my car in a horrific highway crash.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    It probably would have been better had I not totaled my car in a horrific highway crash.
    everybody ok?

Someone got my wife that for Christmas also, and for an extra gift the person didn't have insurance.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?