Turn Off Ads?

Thread: airline travel

airline travel

Christmas night, I had a one-way flight cancelled due to mechanical problems. Second time this year. And I don't fly much.

I commented on it, and some others said they'd experienced that before too. This year.

Alfred had another flight cancelled for mechanical problems this fall.

Just among those few people ...that was 4 flights at 4 different airports involving 4 different airlines.

Makes you wonder.

Anyone else have flights cancelled for mechanical problems recently?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: airline travel

Kind of, but you folks will want to kill me over this one. I was on my way to Guam for a deployment with my Guard unit. When we deploy there, we always have a crew rest in Honolulu, Hawaii at Hickam AFB. This year, our airplane broke on us and we were stuck there for 5 days before we were finally able to deploy over to Andersen AFB, Guam (which isn't too shabby of a place to be deployed to either). It's not a bad gig to be stuck in Hawaii, not have to report for duty (as long as the aircraft commander knows where you are), and get paid roughly $115 a day per diem.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Kind of, but you folks will want to kill me over this one. I was on my way to Guam for a deployment with my Guard unit. When we deploy there, we always have a crew rest in Honolulu, Hawaii at Hickam AFB. This year, our airplane broke on us and we were stuck there for 5 days before we were finally able to deploy over to Andersen AFB, Guam (which isn't too shabby of a place to be deployed to either). It's not a bad gig to be stuck in Hawaii, not have to report for duty (as long as the aircraft commander knows where you are), and get paid roughly $115 a day per diem.
    Where do I sign up? I have always wanted to go to Hawaii.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post

Gee, all I get is some lousy peanuts on Southwest.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?