Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Updated list of all of JimBo's former Red acquistions

Updated list of all of JimBo's former Red acquistions

I made this list back on February and Bowden scouring the minor league free agent market for former Reds makes an update necessary. This is a list of guys Bowden has traded for or signed in his 2+ years as Washington GM.

Austin Kearns
    Felipe Lopez
    Ryan Wagner
    Chris Booker
    Tony Blanco
    Brandon Claussen
    Tony Womack
    D'Angelo Jimenez
    Chris Michalik
    Jeffrey Hammonds
    Jose Guillen
    Damian Jackson
    Kenny Kelly
    Brandon Larson
    Ramon Ortiz
    Tony Blanco
    Hector Carrasco
    Joey Eischen
    C.J. Nitkowski
    Michael Tucker
    Dmitri Young
    Wily Mo Pena
    Rob Bell
    Aaron Boone
    Chad Moeller
    Antonio Perez
    William Bergolla
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Updated list of all of JimBo's former Red acquistions

That is a SICK list. And I don't mean sick in a good way, either. I mean sick as in it makes me want to get sick.

I am being serious when I say that JimBo has a serious problem. Obsessing on a very unsuccessful past is not the way to go - unless he is trying to re-live that glory year known as 2003. Maybe he is looking to get canned mid-season there, too.
    Sure, a lot of those guys are simply filler - but I count about 8 guys he was probably counting on to be key parts of the team for a while (Lopez, Kearns, Young, Pena, Boone, Ortiz, Wagner, Jiminez.).
    Could it be simply coincidence - after all, players move around a lot. For instance, how many ex-Diamondbacks or Angels has Wayne picked up, to pull a couple of random teams out of the air?

What does JimBo call these guys? Assistants to the GM?? Special advisors??
    Bob Boone
    Jose Cardenal
    Barry Larkin
    Jose Rijo

I can't edit my post, but here's some more:

Felix Rodriguez
    Josh Hall
    Ruben Mateo
    Melvin Nieves
    Ed Yarnall

I'm undecided on including Ray King. I'd say no but he was drafted under Bowden's watch...
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Edit: You are talking his D.C. years. Doh!
    Last edited by Spitball; 12-30-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I am being serious when I say that JimBo has a serious problem. Obsessing on a very unsuccessful past is not the way to go - unless he is trying to re-live that glory year known as 2003. Maybe he is looking to get canned mid-season there, too.
    Sure, a lot of those guys are simply filler - but I count about 8 guys he was probably counting on to be key parts of the team for a while (Lopez, Kearns, Young, Pena, Boone, Ortiz, Wagner, Jiminez.).
    Could it be simply coincidence - after all, players move around a lot. For instance, how many ex-Diamondbacks or Angels has Wayne picked up, to pull a couple of random teams out of the air?
    I don't think it's coincidence; I think it's a matter of Bowden not beign able to admit that something he thought once might not have been true. He saw something in these players at one time that wasn't completely fulfilled. They didn't become the players he thought they would be.

But could that have meant that he was wrong? Maybe this is too hard for him to accept. Perhaps they just need another chance, under the right circumstances, without that interfering John Allen....
    No Victims, by me

The rest is drama.

What begins at the water shall end there, and what ends there shall once more begin. --Straka

The Nationals owners and President are mostly to blame for letting Bowden run a team like that, he's an awful GM and they just don't seem to care, I feel sorry for real Nats fans.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?