Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Canseco's new book

Canseco's new book

Canseco sequel to steroid tale 'Juiced' to arrive in stores on opening day 2008
    December 30, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- One-time big league slugger Jose Canseco will name more names in a sequel to his 2005 steroid memoir "Juiced," according to published reports Sunday.

The new book, with the working title "Vindicated," will arrive in bookstores on opening day 2008, Canseco's lawyer Robert Saunooke told the New York Post and the Daily News.

Saunooke said the book would accuse ballplayers not named in former Sen. George Mitchell's report of using performance-enhancing drugs.

"We had hoped that the Mitchell Report would have been more revealing," Saunooke said. "It basically ended up being nothing more than (Mitchell saying), 'I talked to a lot of people, some wouldn't talk to me and it's up to the commissioner."'

Canseco tried to get into the Dec. 13 New York news conference where the Mitchell Report was released, but was barred by Major League Baseball officials who said it was a "media only" event.

He later told Fox Business Network, "I saw the list of players, and there are definitely a lot of players missing."

Saunooke would not say which current or former major leaguers would be identified as steroid users in the new book.

The book will be co-written by former Sports Illustrated reporter Don Yaeger; the Post said the publisher would be Penguin Books.

Canseco was one of the first ballplayers to admit using steroids in "Juiced." There, he gave specific names of other players who allegedly used, including former Oakland A's teammate Mark McGwire. McGwire has denied using steroids.

I would like to see if there are any new names in his new book. He seems to indicate the Mitchell Report missed a lot of players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Canseco's new book

One thing that does seem right is why he would need a second book. If he knew other players, like Arod, took steroids, why would he not put it in the first book. This makes me think he's going to be making things up, or make big reaches on what he's going to say. He looks like he's just trying to profit off the Mitchel investigation, and I don't really trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    One thing that does seem right is why he would need a second book. If he knew other players, like Arod, took steroids, why would he not put it in the first book. This makes me think he's going to be making things up, or make big reaches on what he's going to say. He looks like he's just trying to profit off the Mitchel investigation, and I don't really trust him.
    I don't think he NEEDS a second book, but I bet it's all about the $$$. Jose just seems to enjoy the spot light. I have never liked Canseco, but him "spilling the beans" will improve baseball in the long run. IMO
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I didnt read the first book and I won't read this one. It would be one thing if this was going to some worthwhile charity but Jose is making a killing by dragging everyone he can think of through the mud and I do not respect that of any man.

I agree about not lining Jose's pockets, but I read the first one by checking it out at the library, and will probably do the same with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I didnt read the first book and I won't read this one. It would be one thing if this was going to some worthwhile charity but Jose is making a killing by dragging everyone he can think of through the mud and I do not respect that of any man.

Old Red Guard Reject

Personally, I didn't know Canseco could read, much less write two books.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Jose may be a scumbag, but he seems to be coming off as the most honest guy in baseball after all that's come out. I don't see why he would lie now, but who knows. I doubt I will read it. I don't care that much about Canseco, and everything that I want to know will probably be reported anyway.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post
    I don't see why he would lie now, but who knows.
    $$$
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    $$$
    Yes, but if he lies and damages someone's reputation he could be sued for a ton of money. I do not believe that Canseco's intentions are in any way pure but I do believe what he is saying. If I was any one of those players named in the first book I would have sued his ass right after it came out. No one has stepped up to the plate outside of Palmeiro and we know what happened there.

Turn Off Ads?