Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Bresnahan Fired

Chuck Bresnahan Fired

According to Rotoworld, i'll pull up a link when I find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chuck Bresnahan Fired

Rex Ryan was let go with Brian Billick. You think he'll get an interview with Marvin?

Biggest no brainer ever.

Now lets hope Brat isn't far behind and honestly I wouldn't care if Lewis joined both of them. Neither of these are likely to happen so I guess Bengals fans will have to hope they pick a worthy D cordinator.

I also try to get 2 draft picks for Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson. If those 2 can net you a 2nd and a 3rd round pick this upcoming draft could go a long way to shaping the next 3 years.

Go with a Watson, Irons, Dorsey backfield with the outside chance Chris Perry could contribute something. Then go with Housh and Henry as your #1 and #2 and sign or trade for a veteran WR (Javon Walker wants out of Denver?)

Let Justin Smith walk, and attempt like hell to sign Haynesworth, Suggs, or Samuel to anchor the D and then take all those draft picks and get DL, LB, DL, OL, TE.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Still on the Pro Football Talk rumormill, but wouldn't shock me if it's no longer a rumor soon

Would Marvin hire Billick to be OC and Ryan to be DC?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Biggest no brainer ever.

Now lets hope Brat isn't far behind and honestly I wouldn't care if Lewis joined both of them. Neither of these are likely to happen so I guess Bengals fans will have to hope they pick a worthy D cordinator.

I also try to get 2 draft picks for Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson. If those 2 can net you a 2nd and a 3rd round pick this upcoming draft could go a long way to shaping the next 3 years.

Go with a Watson, Irons, Dorsey backfield with the outside chance Chris Perry could contribute something. Then go with Housh and Henry as your #1 and #2 and sign or trade for a veteran WR (Javon Walker wants out of Denver?)

Let Justin Smith walk, and attempt like hell to sign Haynesworth, Suggs, or Samuel to anchor the D and then take all those draft picks and get DL, LB, DL, OL, TE.

Not sure why you would want to trade Chad, but yeah, I'd dump Rudi, too.

Biggest no brainer ever.

Henry hasn't proven he can stay out of trouble and Walker has missed 23 games over the past 3 seasons.

I'll miss the way he always looked completely lost when the camera caught a glimpse of him on the sideline.

Bresnahan gone?

Looks like I'll be busting open a beer in celebration tonight!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Not sure why you would want to trade Chad, but yeah, I'd dump Rudi, too.
    I really like Chad as a WR. He is a legit #1 WR as long as he is happy. The instant anything doesn't go his way then he becomes an average player.

I also believe he, and probably just as much, Housh are the guys people have been refering to when they have been quoting talking about guys just wanting to get their catches and yards. He is very me 1st and I think that effects a football team a lot.

I looked into it a little more and Chad will be nearly impossible to trade because of the cap hit the Bengals would take because of all the bonus money he's been given.

I really think it's time to "blow it all up" like Lewis said. Now it's just a matter of actually doing it. Step #1 is done.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Henry hasn't proven he can stay out of trouble and Walker has missed 23 games over the past 3 seasons.
    I agree that you'd be taking a chance relying on Henry. I'd love to be able to only rely on him being the #3 receiver, but with Chad and Housh on the team as well that is where any talent would have to be traded to get anything worthwhile. I'd have to look into what other veteran WR will be out there.

As I posted in another reply though, Chad's cap hit if traded would be extreme and make it pretty much undoable.

Great news im tired of watching fat gary busey running out d

I really like Chad as a WR. He is a legit #1 WR as long as he is happy. The instant anything doesn't go his way then he becomes an average player.

I also believe he, and probably just as much, Housh are the guys people have been refering to when they have been quoting talking about guys just wanting to get their catches and yards. He is very me 1st and I think that effects a football team a lot.

I looked into it a little more and Chad will be nearly impossible to trade because of the cap hit the Bengals would take because of all the bonus money he's been given.

I really think it's time to "blow it all up" like Lewis said. Now it's just a matter of actually doing it. Step #1 is done.

True, but Chad wasn't a problem in '05 when they were winning. Winning cures everything, and I think once they field a competent defense and hanging some W's, Chad will be content.

not to bust anyone's bubble, but I'd think if legit it would have hit a local source by now...nothing on Curnutte's blog, Enquirer, WCPO, etc.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

It was mentioned on ESPN not too long ago, probably legit. Marvin and the Bengals org don't have the cajones to just come out and announce it like the Ravens did apparently - instead they quietly sneak it out so no one's feeling are hurt.

I suppose another lame duck like Donnie Henderson will take his place.

Cheap, jobless, desperate = ideal target for the Bengals

Turn Off Ads?