Thread: Carson suggests coaching changes

Carson suggests coaching changes

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carson suggests coaching changes

Palmer and others complained about the poor quality of the team's grass practice field and the lack of a covered facility for when the weather turns nasty.

When the Bengals moved into Paul Brown Stadium before the 2000 season, ownership had the option of covering a practice field at its expense. There is still no covered field, which is a drawback in recruiting free agents.
    And that my firends is Mike Brown in a nutshell. As long as he's in charge, the Bengals will never be serious contenders.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

"I'm very pleased with what our coaches have done this year," Lewis said.
    There aren't enough rolleyes in the entire internet to convey how I feel about this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    And that my firends is Mike Brown in a nutshell. As long as he's in charge, the Bengals will never be serious contenders.
    Mike Brown is such an idiot. Talk about missing the forest for all of the trees. Managing a billion-dollar enterprise like a mom and pop outfit. Pathetic.

"A lot of guys weren't attuned to winning," safety Dexter Jackson said. "They were attuned to getting a certain amount of yards or a certain amount of this instead of winning the game."

Retired

You'd think he pony up for the covered practice field, he got a half billion dollar stadium for pretty much nothing thanks to wonderful Bob Beddinghaus screwing over the tax payers of Hamilton county.

If they aren't on the phone to Rex Ryan right now there is no hope for them. Ole Chuck better be packing his bags too.

If Chuck hasn't packed his bags by now, there is something wrong. He is a terrible defensive coordinator. He had something good going on with the Baltimore win. They had a good strategy of rushing the passer. Then, he can't continue that momentum. I think this Defense could be league average with a good coordinator.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    You'd think he pony up for the covered practice field, he got a half billion dollar stadium for pretty much nothing thanks to wonderful Bob Beddinghaus screwing over the tax payers of Hamilton county.

If they aren't on the phone to Rex Ryan right now there is no hope for them. Ole Chuck better be packing his bags too.
    Not to mention the Bearcats need one as well. It seems to me they'd be a natural fit to go halfsies on an indoor facility.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    OTOH, I think that's kind of a weenie excuse by Carson Palmer.

"Our practice field sucks because it's outside."

Please.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Please.

How did you get that it was an excuse? We don't know the context to which he actually brought it up. I'm sure it was a sore point for a lot of the players on the team, and reporters know this. I'd be surprised if any comments he made about it weren't in direct response to a question about the practice facilities. I highly doubt he just volunteered that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Not to mention the Bearcats need one as well. It seems to me they'd be a natural fit to go halfsies on an indoor facility.
    Brown would probably go along if the Bearcats paid for it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Please.
    Why is it an excuse? Most colleges have great indoor practice facilities. Mike Brown again isn't living up to his job and doing what is best for the franchise. Carson knows what free agents and players want.

I hate hearing people like Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown talk about changing the culture of the team. Those guys have done nothing to change their outdated style.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Why is it an excuse? Most colleges have great indoor practice facilities. Mike Brown again isn't living up to his job and doing what is best for the franchise. Carson knows what free agents and players want.

I hate hearing people like Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown talk about changing the culture of the team. Those guys have done nothing to change their outdated style.
    Good points. The only good thing Marvin did was to draft Palmer, and any idiot could do that. I have to give him kudos for getting rid of Dillon though. Still, he stumbled upon a great young team, and has yet to prove himself.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Now that UC is going to be getting an indoor facility (due to Brian Kelly's new contract), I'm sure Mike Brown will push for being allowed to use it. That means he won't have to fork out the money to finance it on his own.

It's pretty sad that it takes the University football team to get something done that should be a no-brainer for the NFL team.

Mike Brown's a twerp.

I wish we let them move when we had the chance :o

Turn Off Ads?