Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do Buckeye fans feel good for Lloyd Carr?

Michigan/Florida

Michigan up 38-35 with 4:12 left in the game. I am not a fan of either team, but this game is exciting!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Do Buckeye fans feel good for Lloyd Carr?

Winning in his final bowl game?

His seniors winning their final bowl game after going 0-3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Re: Do Buckeye fans feel good for Lloyd Carr?

The man really is a class act.

Carried on the shoulders of his players.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Another question: Do you ALWAYS root for teams in "your" conference in their bowl games?

I've honestly got to say that I didn't mind seeing Florida lose... it's an interesting question... on one hand you want your conference to do well, but on the other hand, there are some teams that you just absolutely cannot stand.

Re: Michigan/Florida

Great game. I don't think Florida's defense stopped the Michigan offense after the first quarter. The punter only punted twice. If it weren't for a couple of goal line fumbles, it wouldn't have even been close.

The Heisman curse continues. It seems like every time a QB wins the Heisman they go out and play a really bad bowl game. Tebow's a great player, but he sure didn't play well today.

Ultimately, I just don't think Florida cold deal with the speed of the Big Ten.

Nice to see Carr go out with a nice win. He deserves it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I think most Buckeye fans wanted to see Michigan win just so we don't have to hear another 12 months of how the Big Ten can't handle the speed of the SEC. I'm sure we'll hear it anyway from some, but at least this it won't be quite as loud.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think most Buckeye fans wanted to see Michigan win just so we don't have to hear another 12 months of how the Big Ten can't handle the speed of the SEC. I'm sure we'll hear it anyway from some, but at least this it won't be quite as loud.
    I think the National Championship will determine how that goes much more than Michigan beating Florida.

I didn't realize Ohio State is 0-8 all-time in bowl games versus the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I think the National Championship will determine how that goes much more than Michigan beating Florida.
    That's too bad, because it's just one game. But I'm sure you're right. If OSU loses, we'll probably hear aout how it was because of spped, even though last year's national title game debalce had nothing to do with speed. The other two games between the two conferences were very close this year with each conference winning one. But ESPN has been obsessing about the whole speed thing for over a week now. I'm tired of hearing about it.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

No matter my opinion of a particular Big Ten team, I will always root for them to win over a non-conference opponent. That said, it's been many years since there has been a team or even a coach in the Big Ten that I truly dislike.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    No matter my opinion of a particular Big Ten team, I will always root for them to win over a non-conference opponent. That said, it's been many years since there has been a team or even a coach in the Big Ten that I truly dislike.
    I think Florida is the only team in the SEC I don't mind seeing lose their bowl game. Now if it was for the national championship, I would root for them, no doubt.

I know one Big Ten team that's going to get blown out, and that's Illinois. They shouldn't be there at all, and they're goig to lose by at least 30 points.

Why did God have to take the funny Belushi??

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Yes. And the funny thing is, Michigan was the better team on the field by far. Only stupid mistakes kept Florida in the game. Tebow played well, but he wasn't going to win the game with his arm. Michigan's defense stepped up and shut down Florida's offense the final two drives. Florida this year was an average team with a Heisman winning QB, and it showed today.

Also, I'm really happy for Lloyd. He's a class act and has been a very good coach. He deserves to go off into the sunset like he did.
    Last edited by guttle11; 01-01-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Nope.

Would have loved to see Henne, Hart and the rest of their classmates go 0-fer against Ohio State and Bowl Games.

Turn Off Ads?