Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do Buckeye fans feel good for Lloyd Carr?

Re: Do Buckeye fans feel good for Lloyd Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I've got to say I'm stunned by the number of Buckeye fans who were rooting for Michigan. Have the past few years of success softened the fan base this much? Come on, this isn't Minnesota or Northwestern we're talking about here, it's MICHIGAN!
    I think most of it has to do having the notion that the SEC is so much better than the B10 crammed down our throats all season. I know I've heard it enough that I was willing to put aside my hatred for Michigan and root for them because they were playing an SEC team.

Of course, as has been shown in this thread there will be those will keep coming back to the championship game last season as our motivation, but for me it has nothing to do with that. New team, new season. I've had a general hatred for the 3 big Florida schools for most of life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    That is a bit surprising. I can't imagine there are very many Michigan fans who will be rooting for the Buckeyes on Monday night.
    Nope- let's go LSU!!!

(although I do usually root for the Bucks in their bowl games, just not when they're playing for the NC)
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I was actively rooting for Michigan yesterday. It did feel a little icky. I had to explain to my five year old son that the only thing worse than yellow pants is orange and blue helmets. Simple rules to live by.
    Same here. I took a thrashing from my 4 year old, who ran around the house in a sing song voice singing, "Daddy likes Michigan," much to the horror of his younger brother. They're still learning about conferences and the disdain they're supposed to have for Florida teams.

Maybe next year. On topic, though, good for Lloyd. Glad to see him go out on a high note. And good for Henne, it's about time he won a big game. (couldn't resist).
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Rather, lets turn it into dumping on the Buckeyes for losing a game a year ago, right?

I said what I did AFTER the Florida/SEC bashing started up again. Please.

Last edited by WMR; 01-02-2008 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

I said what I did AFTER the SEC bashing started up again. Please.

I read through the thread again and saw very little of what I would call "SEC bashing." I mentioned my dislike for the SEC as a whole, and a few others mentioning how much they dislike the SEC, but nothing that should be considered "bashing," IMO.

And I should clarify that although I'm not an SEC fan overall, I do follow and root for Kentucky football and went down to a couple of games this year and tailgated with some friends. Had an absolute blast.
    Last edited by jimbo; 01-02-2008 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I was tickled to death for Michigan, great to see the wolverines chew on the gators (one hit wonders) from that other conference.
    Florida/SEC bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I read through the thread again and saw very little of what I would call "SEC bashing." I mentioned my dislike for the SEC as a whole, and a few others mentioning how much they dislike the SEC, but nothing that should be considered "bashing," IMO.

And I should clarify that although I'm not an SEC fan overall, I do follow and root for Kentucky football and went down to a couple of games this year and tailgated with some friends. Had an absolute blast.
    Awesome. Glad you enjoyed yourself at the UK games.

Florida/SEC bashing.
    Oh, gee, I didn't realize it had gotten so out of hand. Good thing you're around to keep it to a minimum and keep those Buckeye fans in line.

Florida/SEC bashing.
    Bashing?

Bashing would have been asking for a asset and liability sheet on each of the players before and after the game last year, while taking an inventory on who went from driving a bug to driving a porche or beamer afterward.

Besides:

"Do Buckeye fans feel good for Lloyd Carr?"

Can clearly be interpreted as a bait thread to begin with. If it wasn't, the term "Buckeye fans" would have never been selectively interjected into the question, it would have just read, "Do fans feel good for Lloyd Carr and the Michigan win?"
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-02-2008 at 03:33 PM.

I started the thread b/c I saw the joy on the sidelines between Lloyd Carr and his players and I know the huge amount of animosity that Buckeye fans generally have towards Michigan and vice versa. I was wondering if that could ever give way to good feelings towards a coach that even most all Buckeye fans call a "class act." The wide variety of answers given in this thread is exactly what I was interested in hearing. Certainly wasn't trying to bait anyone.

I think that the use of terms such as animosity and hate is greatly exaggerated.

I root for teams in an order.
    1. Ohio State
    2. The remainder of the Big Ten
    3. Cincinnati Teams UC/Xavier
    4. Wright State
    5. University of Dayton
    6. Wittenberg
    7. University of Kentucky
    8. Louisville
    9. Almost foregot Miami of Ohio

I guess kind of like a homer, I root for the local teams then moving on outward to the other teams that are closest by geography. I believe that when the teams do well that it is good for the communities and surrounding areas tangibly and intangibly.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-02-2008 at 03:46 PM.

I'm sad to see Lllllloyd Carr go ...

I think that the use of terms such as animosity and hate is greatly exaggerated.
    Clearly, many do not share similar sentiments.

I agree with this. Hate is a pretty strong word and doesn't belong in sports.

I did root for Michigan yesterday, albeit somewhat tepidly. Mostly so the Big 10 looks good and somewhat for Lloyd Carr because he has been a good citizen for Michigan. Not to mention Florida embarassed OSU in the NC game last year and this OSU fan still holds considerable animosity towards them.

The game did remind me of many a New Years Day games that OSU has played and repeatedly shot itself in the foot and screwed up a good season. It was a minor miracle UM won.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I don't know about Buckeye fans but I sure felt good for him. I was definitely rooting for the Wolverines yesterday.

Turn Off Ads?