Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redszone spinoff for football discussion?

Redszone spinoff for football discussion?

Would anybody be interested in a Redszone spinoff for football discussion? Namely the Bengals and Browns. I know there is here and the Peanut Gallery, but I think I'd like to have the football discussions filtered out, if I could. Plus, then the discussion could be more in depth, instead of general threads covering wide topics.

If there is interest, I could always make a free board for us to use.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Since the football discussions have cropped up alot lately here...

There is a Bengals spin-off board, though it has not been active for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Would anybody be interested in a Redszone spinoff for football discussion? Namely the Bengals and Browns. I know there is here and the Peanut Gallery, but I think I'd like to have the football discussions filtered out, if I could. Plus, then the discussion could be more in depth, instead of general threads covering wide topics.

If there is interest, I could always make a free board for us to use.
    I certainly would the only 2 I frequent just don't cut it IMO.

However there might have to be a different name as Bengalszone has already been taken.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showforum=2
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I certainly would the only 2 I frequent just don't cut it IMO.

However there might have to be a different name as Bengalszone has already been taken.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showforum=2
    Yeah, I checked out Bengalzone. I'm not fond of it myself, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    That's very cool, perhaps we should get it fired up again this offseason. Of course I am not going to let it interrupt my Reds thirst but I would like to use it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

A fellow Redszoner, Aceking started a board a few years ago. http://www.ohiosportsfans.com

It's not all that big, but the conversation is pretty good over there.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Bengaldom was created during the final weeks of the playoff run in 2005, and got off to a pretty good start. But it lay pretty-much dormant throughout the offseason, and as the 2006 season approached, most people returned to putting their Bengals threads in this forum.

I'd love to see that site revived using this site as a model, which is what I think ochre had in mind when he and others created it.

Here is the RedsZone thread that led to the creation of Bengaldom, and here is a thread we had in the fall of 2006 about Bengals boards. The first thread is dated at this point, because the Huddles site that is referenced in it no longer exists.
    Last edited by macro; 01-03-2008 at 10:36 AM.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Is there a Bengals version of RedsZone?

Is there anything out there comparable to this site centered on the Bengals? (I know, I know, I have a need for pain.)

But seriously, would like to find a board similar to this one to talk some Bengals football from time to time. I use one called "BengalsJungle" and there is some good discussion on there, but it's not nearly as active as this site. I also know there is a message board on the official Bengals.com site, but I like independent boards/ones that are not owned by the team.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Is there a Bengals version of RedsZone?

I shot you a PM, blitz.

I've been looking for a Bengals equivalent as well... but I don't think it exists yet. CincyBengals.com sometimes has good stuff, but it seems to have a much smaller population of regular posters. I recently discovered MikeBrownSucks.com, too...

I certainly don't think there is a site out there with similar posting standards to the ORG (I know, I know, some people might think that's a good thing, but I tend to be a fan of the revisions recently implemented in the admittance system). Perhaps in consultation with GAC and Boss a few of us could put together something like RedsZone for long-suffering Bengals backers?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I have found that bengals talk is almost unbearable. RedsZone does a very good job of being a good sight to post on as well as a site that polices itself for the crude and just stupid posts. I have found that on most bengals sites the posters get passionate and begin to talk like hormone raging teenage boys.

I am loathe to stick where I post on here as I don't want to appear to be spamming, but I do have a place. It is indeed full of the above mentioned problems that bucksfan has identified, but there are a core of decent thinkers on there that make it worth sorting through the chaff. I have posted there since December '04 and will be glad to send anyone a PM with the site.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I figured you can't beat RedsZone, especially the ORG where you need some street cred in order to get in (which naturally eliminates most of the Richardheads out there). But I need something to fill my Bengals fix. I took mem's advice and registered at Bengalszone.com (who woulda thunkit? I ask for a Bengals version of Redszone and there's one called Bengalszone... it's always the last place you look).

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I ask for a Bengals version of Redszone and there's one called Bengalszone... it's always the last place you look).
    It seems that the management of that place takes a dim view of this place.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/lofive...hp/t16659.html
    /r/reds

In fairness, I wouldn't vote any of those guys into ORG, and I am a member over there. I think Princeton is too...

Turn Off Ads?