Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Help Needed with my PC

Worth The Wait

Help Needed with my PC

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be appreciated...

I was using itunes yesterday and everything was just fine. I came back about an hour later and now I have NO sound. I checked my connections from my speakers to my PC and I went into the "my computer" section just to make sure the volume was up. All of that seems fine.

But I now have no sound at all--- itunes, websites, etc... no sound.

Hoping the more informed out there can possibly give me some ideas before I go and spend money to have this problem fixed! Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help Needed with my PC

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be appreciated...

I was using itunes yesterday and everything was just fine. I came back about an hour later and now I have NO sound. I checked my connections from my speakers to my PC and I went into the "my computer" section just to make sure the volume was up. All of that seems fine.

But I now have no sound at all--- itunes, websites, etc... no sound.

Hoping the more informed out there can possibly give me some ideas before I go and spend money to have this problem fixed! Thanks.
    Ed, I'm no expert, but I suspect it would help some if you could say what sort of system you're running, what version of iTunes and Windows or Vista, whatever, so folks know where you're coming from.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Check your cables first, then check your master volume board in you windows menu settings and make sure your levels are all up, sometimes one aspect of the board goes down (WAV) and you can't hear anything. Also check sound and settings in your control panel

Reboot too if you haven't

You can also reinstall the audio drivers by going into Device Manager and removing your sound card device, such as Soundmax. Windows XP will find the device after you reboot and reinstall the device driver.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    You can also reinstall the audio drivers by going into Device Manager and removing your sound card device, such as Soundmax. Windows XP will find the device after you reboot and reinstall the device driver.

Right, if he disables the driver he would be able to repair it to in XP.

That's control panel stuff ED.

High five!

Also try:

-rebooting
    -if your sound card/gozoutta device has a headphone jack, listening through it

Worth The Wait

Awesome! I followed the instructions you all gave and wound up in device manager. For some reason, my control panel had been muted??? Anyway, got it fixed and I REALLY appreciate all of your help!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Dang! You fixed it. I was gonna ask if you could still hear your wife when she was yelling at you...because if not, the problem might not be in your computer. :

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?