Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

part of BBN

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That was one boring game between SD and the Titans. I'd have to say, after watching those two AFC WC games, that neither SD or the Jags have much of a chance next weekend.
    This is what I posted earlier in week concerning this game :
    "I reallly think SD will roll this time. Titans will probably not be able to score enough and actually they are "in" because Colts had division locked up. I was telling someone today I believe Browns-SD would have been more entertaining.
    I like Jeff Fisher as a coach but they play that "grind it out" type football which I dont really care for.

Grind it out was another way of saying "boring" to me. Now, I know some like that type and that is fine.
    Me, personally I like a game in the 20's anyway. Titans are the type of team that would like to run several 8-9 minute drives and win 10-3. Ball control in other words.
    Also, I cant see Jags doing much if Garrard duplicates 9-21 against Pats.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    The Jags impressed me yesterday. I think they have a shot. SD, not so much.
    The only way the Jags will have a shot at NE is if they are able to run the ball effectively. If NE has an "Achille's Heel" it's their run defense.

But the Jags can't allow Brady to throw for 300 yds like Big Ben did the other day. And I don't see the Jags really being able to stop Brady from doing so.

But everyone seems to think that Jacksonville is the darkhorse in the AFC playoffs, so we'll see. But I'm still going with NE by 10.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

What a weekend of football we have coming up. Maybe the best "top to bottom" matchups for a second round ever.

(1) Seattle at Green Bay - Favre. January in Lambeau Field. Holmgren. Hasselbeck and his "guarantee."

(2) Jacksonville at 16-0 Patroits. One of two teams that can really give the Pats fits. Run the ball, stop the run. The coldness of NE should have no bearing on the Jags with the run the ball mantra.

(3) SanDiego at Indy. SD is 3-1 in last 4 meetings with Manning and Colts. LT. Manning.

(4) NYG at Dallas. NFC East rivals. Hate each other. Giants 8-1 on road with only loss coming week 1 at Dallas. Owens a question mark. Good Eli or bad Eli. Romo.

The potential is there for a great weekend. Hopefully all 8 teams show up and give us quality games
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Owens will most likely play according to Phillips;but he is still limping badly.

But watching Dallas play the last few weeks of the season, and that T.O.is hurt, I see the Cowboys making an early exit.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    The Jags impressed me yesterday. I think they have a shot. SD, not so much.

I'm not so sure about that. The Colts are going to have to play very well to beat the Chargers, they always play the Colts tough. They picked Manning 6 times earlier this year. I think the Colts will win but I don't think they'll walk over them.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. The Colts are going to have to play very well to beat the Chargers, they always play the Colts tough. They picked Manning 6 times earlier this year. I think the Colts will win but I don't think they'll walk over them.
    Yeah, maybe so. Every team seems to have a "kryptonite team", maybe SD is Indy's.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    How many starters were the Colts out that week? Peyton was throwing to Craphonso Thorpe and the Colts still should have won that game. If the Colts make Phillip Rivers beat them then they should roll.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    How many starters were the Colts out that week? Peyton was throwing to Craphonso Thorpe and the Colts still should have won that game. If the Colts make Phillip Rivers beat them then they should roll.
    Yeah the Colts were missing a bunch of starters, and I think the fact that they have a almost healthy team puts them over the top this week, but I don't think they'll win by more than 7-10 pts. I hope I'm wrong though.

But yeah IF they can keep LT and Michael Turner in check they'll probably win big, I just don't know if they'll be able to do that.

I'm going the easy way out this weekend.

All the home teams will move on, says I.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Antonio Gates being OUT is absolutely huge.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Antonio Gates being OUT is absolutely huge.
    He's not listed as "out" yet is he?

I thought it was a foregone conclusion?

Perhaps I am mistaken.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion?

Perhaps I am mistaken.
    Well, it sure seems unlikely that he'll play but Turner keeps saying that he'll be evaluated later in the week. My guess is they will list him as a game-time decision.

This is the best weekend of the entire year for professional football.

This is the best weekend of the entire year for professional football.
    I don't know. Colts/Pats and Cowboys/Packers sounds pretty good next week, I hope we get that.

Turn Off Ads?