Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I commented during the game that Favre just looked miserable out there, especially in the second half. It may sound ridiculous but I think the cold got to him. He admitted that very thing happened to him in a game against the Raiders in '93; for the first time, he just didn't want to be on the field.
    That's what I love about games like that. Conditions that raw can break a man, even a strong man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Yeah, but it will probably never happen.
    The Packers are one of my favorite teams. I was very disappointed in yesterday's game, and in Favre's performance. I realize that Green Bay didn't have a running game yesterday, but at times Brett seemed to revert to his old "just-throw-the ball-and-see-what-happens" gunslinging days.
    They "sink or swim" with Favre. They had a terrible 4th quarter yesterday. The only thing that kept them in that game was the Giant's own miscues. Those two INTs were typical Favre INTs where his head enters a "disconnect" mode, and you wonder what was he thinking??

But that is what happens when you don't have a running game.

But I thoroughly enjoyed watching that game with a wind chill of -20. Wow!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?