Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

I have a lot of respect for the fact that Rothlesberger stood out there on the field while Garrard was being interviewed waiting to congratulate him. A lot of guys would have already been in the locker room sulking. I'm a Steeler hater from way back, but it isn't because they lack class as an organization.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    My hatred stems from jealousy no doubt.
    One of the most right on things said on this thread. Just a simple honest acknowledgment. I'm a Browns fan, and I've said the very same thing about the Steelers.

I'm jealous that over the last 35 years of watching these teams, and it goes back to the old AFC Central with me, the Rooney family has done it right. And we're just jealous of that - Period!

I don't care if you're a Bengals or Browns fan - you have a very hard disavowing that truth. The Steelers, for the most part, have owned us.

And all the rest of this stuff - Pitt getting favorable calls from the refs, they play dirty and lack class as an organization, their players are arrogant or whiners, is nothing more then excuse making by the opposition.

Isn't it whining when you're saying those things?

I didn't think Pitt had much of a chance this year WITH Willie Parker. Let alone without him. When he went down, then so did their chances of advancing very far in the post-season.

I don't know if I'm impressed with Pitt's comeback in that game yesterday as much as it's just an indication that Jacksonville got as far as they're going to get in this post-season. The Jags gave up 340 total yards, and only 43 of that was rushing. Brady or Manning are salivating.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I dislike Belicheck as much as the next guy, but I guarantee he doesn't go into a shell on the last drive like the Steelers did! I absolutely hate when coaches play not to lose. Two straight runs and a stupid QB draw was gutless in my opinion. :thumbdown

The Steelers still have a lot more bad officiating against them before they've paid their pennance for that farce of a Super Bowl they won a couple of years ago thanks to the refs.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Okay, watching the Giant-Bucs game, I've just about had all I can of that chick driving the Cadillac talking about getting turned on by her stupid wood accents.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Tonight's game demonstrated all the faults the Steelers have. Some times they could hide them, but you face a better team, it's very hard to do that for 60 minutes.
    For better or worse, it also exposed the Jaguars' faults. After running all over Pittsburgh last month, the Steelers sold out to stop the run and dared Garrard to beat them, and he almost didn't. Jacksonville's receivers aren't that great either. Defensively, they're a zone team and vulnerable if they're not getting to the quarterback, and it's no accident that Big Ben started throwing more confidently after Henderson went out.

Jacksonville can best any team in the NFL with the nine guys on the lines, and the Taylor/Drew combo can probably match the production of anyone else's RB spot except maybe San Diego's, but the other spots on the field will get them beat next week.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Say goodbye to Tampa Bay, down 24-7.

Whoever dresses Phil Simms needs to be stopped.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Say goodbye to Tampa Bay, down 24-7.
    Figures that good Eli would show up.

People were talking about class earlier as regarding Roethlisberger -- Eli Manning could go on to become the greatest quarterback in NFL history, and I'd still think he was a classless, spoiled brat for the stunt he pulled on draft day 2004.

Oh well. I never expected the Bucs to be in the playoffs anyway.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Vince Young isn't a very good quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Vince Young isn't a very good quarterback.
    Aye. That's what happens when all you learn to do in college is run when pressured.

That was one boring game between SD and the Titans. I'd have to say, after watching those two AFC WC games, that neither SD or the Jags have much of a chance next weekend.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I hope for his sake he doesn't pick his wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That was one boring game between SD and the Titans. I'd have to say, after watching those two AFC WC games, that neither SD or the Jags have much of a chance next weekend.
    The Jags impressed me yesterday. I think they have a shot. SD, not so much.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?