Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Yeah, seriously, that would be like Matt Belilse constantly running his mouth towards the opposing dugout and taunting fans, despite another stellar 5 inning, 4 run performance.
    Nah- Rivers is much closer to a Harang if you're going to use Reds' pitching as an analogy - perhaps not a Cy Young/MVP type, but definitely a very good player.

Belilse is more like a Jon Kitna type.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't follow the Chargers much. Has Rivers been doing other stuff that makes him look bad? From what I've seen, it's quite common for NFL players to get into little woofing matches with the fans. It's normally visiting defensive players, because they like to get on the home fans when their offense is out there driving, but I've seen others get into it too. As I said before, TJ Houshmanzadeh in particular likes to engage the home fans when the Bengals are on the road, especially in Pittsburgh and Cleveland. NFL films always seems to catch him riding the fans.
    He apparently was cheering at the end of a game against Denver, and Champ Bailey, among other Broncos, took it as taunting Jay Cutler though Rivers said he was only cheering on his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Yeah, Rivers is a arse. And he's not that good, either. That makes it even worse.
    Not only does Rivers act like a punk, but he constantly has this damn scowl on his face. It's like he's always in search of the guy who just ran over his dog. Some call it being intense. I call it aggravating. Just look and act normal, dude.
    Last edited by Screwball; 01-13-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: First one sounded stupid. This one sounds slightly less stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Not only does Rivers act like a punk, but he constantly has this damn scowl on his face. He has his eyebrows pointed down like he's got this mammoth chip on his shoulder and he hates the world. Some call it being intense. I call it aggravating. Just look and act normal, dude.
    I remember when he strolled into the Horseshoe and threw for about one billion yards on my beloved Buckeyes, I hated his cockiness, but I respected the hell out of him as a competitor. He ranks right up there with Vince Young in terms of guys that came into the Shoe with absolutely no fear in their eyes, and 100% confidence in what they were doing.

I can respect him for that, but I can't stand him, because at the pro level he's not half as good as he thinks he is.

I remember when he strolled into the Horseshoe and threw for about one billion yards on my beloved Buckeyes, I hated his cockiness, but I respected the hell out of him as a competitor. He ranks right up there with Vince Young in terms of guys that came into the Shoe with absolutely no fear in their eyes, and 100% confidence in what they were doing.

I can respect him for that, but I can't stand him, because at the pro level he's not half as good as he thinks he is.
    I was at that game. He didn't do much of anything for the first 3 quarters and then went off in the 4th quarter and it went to 3 OTs. Great game that should have never been a great game.

I agree that he's not near as good as he thinks is. He looked pretty bad most of this year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yeah I can understand that. I curse just about anything Steelers, but that isn't to say I don't respect the hell out of what they show on the field. Like Rivers, watching them succeed kinda fuels the contempt.

I'd take Philip Rivers any day of the week on my team. Has great accuracy and seems to play better in the bigger games. He played decent against New England in his first ever playoff game last year and has played two good games so far in this playoff season. Gotta consider he has played two great defenses and controlled the clock with smart decisions. I'm not sure of the stats but it just seems like Rivers is always going to keep the chains moving. That's the kind of efficient player I want running my team.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Could you imagine Cowher coaching Rivers? Gawd, it would be a scream and spit fest!
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I was at that game. He didn't do much of anything for the first 3 quarters and then went off in the 4th quarter and it went to 3 OTs. Great game that should have never been a great game.

I agree that he's not near as good as he thinks is. He looked pretty bad most of this year.
    Johnny Unitas was not as good as Rivers thinks he is

As for the game, that was really an odd, intense game, and I was just a spectator with no allegiances, well except for a little chuckle at Indy's early exit, answering all the prayers and curses put forth by Browns' fans over the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Johnny Unitas was not as good as Rivers thinks he is
    That's a good thing, though. Annoying, but good. Tom Brady told someone he was going to the HOF back in '02. Everyone had a good laugh over that one.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Hey! I remember that game!

Tressel also started pulling his starters after the 3rd quarter because we had a huge lead. Prior to that we owned Rivers.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Looks like the football gods have rewarded the Pats and Giants for playing to win in Week 17.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Go Giants!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

In for Brady losing to another Manning.

Woo Hoo!!!! I'm thrilled that the Giants won. Finally, a Superbowl with a team I actually care about.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?