Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    There's no way Pittsburgh had the team to contend for anything but a next-round playoff loss. The fact that Pitt was able to lead in this game at any point in time really speaks more to the Jags' ability to lose in the next round.

BTW, if the Steelers do nothing more than cut Anthony Smith this offseason, I'll consider it a success.
    You're rooting for a class franchise; as much as I despise the Steelers, there's no disputing that fact, my friend.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I doubt they can beat New England, either, but they have a better shot than the Ravens or Eagles did and they darn near got 'em.

New England beat Indy and Dallas this year. The other games weren't so tough.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Spot on. Tonight's game demonstrated all the faults the Steelers have. Some times they could hide them, but you face a better team, it's very hard to do that for 60 minutes.
    Yep. The Steelers weren't able to cover kickoffs the entire season. The ENTIRE season. That has to change. Their offensive play calling when trying to hold a lead late is abyssmal. Ditto for their defensive play calling when trying to protect a lead late in the game. Don't even get me started on the offensive line, which will get worse in the offseason.

Overall though, I will take a 10-6 season and the playoffs with a first year coach and look forward to next year.
    Hey, I kinda' gave Pitt a pass for about the next decade because of the Super Bowl win. But right now, I see a team that has to almost entirely rebuild their offensive line, find something resembling quality from a Safety who isn't named Troy, and will need to find a receiver to replace Ward long-term. And Pittsburgh needs to do all of that while also finding players smart enough to play a disciplined game sans stupid penalties.

Tall order.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

You're rooting for a class franchise; as much as I despise the Steelers, there's no disputing that fact, my friend.
    My hatred stems from jealousy no doubt.

The Bengals have had, what- 8 winning seasons in 40 years of football?

What's frustrating for me is that the Vikings can put togther a defensive line like they have in what seems like a year but the Bengals can't be ranked against the run since Forrest Gregg was here.

If Leonard Nimoy still had his old show, we'd be going in search of a defense for the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Steel- you are right about the calls.

But good heavens give my theory on the deal with the devil some thought: Hines Ward catches a deflected ball?
    And a defensive lineman comes up with an interception at the end of the first half.

The devil might have been in play, but he was rooting for both sides.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Hines Ward is such a POS. My god let me get my violin to go along with the magnitude of this wussie's whining.

Big Ben running on a 3rd and long with the game on the line???????

And a defensive lineman comes up with an interception at the end of the first half.
    One who had been on the ground a second earlier. Good point.

But that weird field goal thing. You have to admit that's strange. I would hate to play in a stadium where one end of the field only allows for 30 yarders.

And do the Steelers have cheerleaders?

See? I need counseling.

Screw that, Dom. The only way you're healthy, if you consider yourself a Bengals fan, is if you absolutely detest everything about the **itsburgh Squealers.

One who had been on the ground a second earlier. Good point.

But that weird field goal thing. You have to admit that's strange. I would hate to play in a stadium where one end of the field only allows for 30 yarders.

And do the Steelers have cheerleaders?

See? I need counseling.
    LOL! The really strange thing is that Jeff Reed missed only one Field Goal at Heinz field this year (the Miami game), with a 49-yarder (albeit early in the year).

Don't get me started on the cheerleaders.

--Ted Williams

Screw that, Dom. The only way you're healthy, if you consider yourself a Bengals fan, is if you absolutely detest everything about the **itsburgh Squealers.
    So it's normal when my blood pressure still goes through the roof when I see Bill Cowher, NFL analyst?

I hope his daughter flunks her senior year 5 times so he won't be back in football for awhile.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-06-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Don't get me started on the cheerleaders.
    I just noticed that tonight. You know, nothing wrong with the eye candy, even if they're wearing black and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Big Ben running on a 3rd and long with the game on the line???????
    The play calling while trying to protect a lead has been awful this season. The Steelers couldn't run the whole game, but apparently, the coaching staff figured they could when the Jags were keyed up to stop the run.

The Steelers have lost so many games late this season, that I expected it. And they didn't disappoint.

Had the Steelers' coverage been something resembling decent in the first half, and if their offensive line could protect the QB in the first half, and if their offensive and defensive schemes could protect a lead at any point in time, and if their defense could not allow big plays at the worst times they'd have won this game.

But they can't, so they didn't.

--Ted Williams

So it's normal when my blood pressure still goes through the roof when I see Bill Cowher, NFL analyst?

I hope his daughter flunks her senior year 5 times so he won't be back in football for awhile.
    YEP!!!

Cowher left the cupboard pretty full for Tomlin...next 2 years will begin to tell the real story on him. As a Browns fan I can't say he impressed me nor did he appear to be a disappointment. Time will tell.

Turn Off Ads?