Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Hopefully the Cowboys have some success, so we can see more of Jessica Simpson in a Romo jersey.
    I want to see Packers fans in a Jessica Simpson Cowboys jersey.... now that would be good stuff.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    What's going to be frustrating for me is watching Jack Del Rio give Maurice Jones-Drew 7 carries against the Patriots, when that guy should have 20 plus touches a game.

Seriously- is there a more special, talented player than that guy right now? He caught up to that Garrard pass and was gone the moment he caught the ball.

Fred Taylor has been great, but Jones-Drew is the better talent IMHO.
    The story of that game will be the Jags secondary. If they can prevent the big play, then they can keep the score close enough to continue running the ball. A Brady-Moss or two and it's over.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

A Brady-Moss or two and it's over.
    I don't know that there's anyway to stop them.

My personal feeling is that the Jags need to run the ball, eat up clock and keep it out of Brady's hands.

I'd love to say, "Stop Brady," but I'm not sure you can.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    The story of that game will be the Jags secondary. If they can prevent the big play, then they can keep the score close enough to continue running the ball. A Brady-Moss or two and it's over.
    That's really what makes the Pats so invincible this season. If you start pressuring Brady, they just keep another guy in until they've got Brady and nine blockers with Moss streaking down the field. You can triple or quadruple cover the guy and he can still out reach your entire seconday. The only way of beating that team is if either Brady or Moss is off their game somehow...somebody needs to put the evil eye on them or something.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

I think people are overthinking this. No one is going to beat the Pats. As a matter of fact, now that it's the playoffs, I'd venture to say no one, not even the Colts, are even going to come close. I think they win the next three games in a laughing matter.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Well hell, why don't we just go ahead and give 'em the trophy.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-11-2008 at 12:27 PM.

We are having a dicussion, right? You know, offering opinions and such? That's what I thought was going on here, because all I was doing was offering an opinion. I never once suggested it was an absolute or there was no possibility of being wrong. But it's what I think is going to happen? Why you feel the need to make little comments like this in almost every thread you post in is beyond me.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think people are overthinking this. No one is going to beat the Pats. As a matter of fact, now that it's the playoffs, I'd venture to say no one, not even the Colts, are even going to come close. I think they win the next three games in a laughing matter.
    Im a Colts fan and I am afraid your right.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win the Super Bowl but I'd be surprised if they win three laughers. They're a veteran (read: older) team and they've expended a lot of physical and mental energy to close the deal on 16-0. They were a lot less impressive in the second half of the season than the first. The bye week probably helped, though. Nonetheless, they may have been the best team in the NFL for the last two months, but not by very much.

And I wouldn't take the Colts for granted at all. That first meeting this year was very much toe-to-toe, and now that Harrison's back, Dungy thinks the Colts go into the playoffs as a better team than last year. And there's absolutely no pressure on them.

Jacksonville theoretically is poised to take advantage of the Patriot's vulnerability to the run, but I think the Pats will scheme to take that away and Garrard won't be able to make them pay for it. So tomorrow's game could get ugly.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Dhani Jones(NE-Jax) and Willie McGinest(Dal-NYG) are doing post-game for NFLN.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Really? I thought the Colts in 05 were an absolute lock and look what happened. Playoff football is a totally different character. I'm not sure the Patriots can stop the run enough to be considered a "lock" champion.

If Jacksonville gets up early and takes the air out of the ball it could get fun. If Indy gets up early it could get REAL fun. Both the Jaguars and Indy are built for playoff football. I would by no stretch rule them out. Even San Diego has a shot if they could somehow win this week and get Gates back for New England. They can pressure the Qb and LT can definately dominate time of possession. Norv Turner beating Indy and New England back to back seems like a no though.

I consider Peyton Manning the best Qb in football. I also think that Indy has the best depth on their offense. With their cover 2 and the ability of Sanders/Bethea to hit people I wouldn't rule anything out. One Sanders/Bethea hit and Moss could be out. One injury can turn a supposed "lock" champion into a observer like the rest of us.
    Last edited by Cedric; 01-12-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I think the Colts have some chance against NE.

The Colts have a very good defense... good enough that they may be able to stop the Pats a few more times. With Harrison back, Peyton has another weapon, and if he plays to his fullest abilities, then I could conceivably see the Colts win a shoot out in the event they face-off against the Pats.

But other than the Colts, I don't think anyone really has any kind of realistic hope against the Pats.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Hold out hope. The Pats were an errant timeout call away from losing to a team that was the Dolphins' only win.

Having said that, I think the Pats blow away everybody in their path lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Hold out hope. The Pats were an errant timeout call away from losing to a team that was the Dolphins' only win.

Having said that, I think the Pats blow away everybody in their path lol....
    "IF YOU WANNA CROWN 'EM THEN CROWN THEY ASS!!!!"

I actually think that the Colts will play very well against the Pats. I think they'll struggle against the Chargers but still win.

Manning didn't have Harrison or Anthony Gonzales the first time they played the Pats. He also didn't have one of his best offensive linemen in Tony Ugoh. I can't remember exactly who, but I think they were missing a couple of defensive players as well. The Colts may not win but I am pretty certain that they'll play very well and the game will be close.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?