Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Casey

Sean Casey

Has Sean Casey signed with anyone during the off season? I have not heard anything about him. Did he retire?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Casey

I think i remember that he resigned with the TIgers but could be wrong

Tigers | Casey won't return next season
    Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:25:19 -0700
    The Associated Press reports Detroit Tigers 1B Sean Casey will not return to the team next season. The Tigers have less of a need for Casey after deciding to move SS Carlos Guillen to first base next season.

Tigers declined offering arbitration in December making him a free agent, Rotoworld says the Rangers are interested in him.

Thanks for the info!

He is still a free agent. He is a Type B, so the team that signs him might have to give up a fraft pick.

We have a Sean Casey, his name is Scott Hatteberg.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    He is still a free agent. He is a Type B, so the team that signs him might have to give up a fraft pick.
    Do they have to give up a draft pick if arbitration is not offered? I don't think they do but you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfan#1 View Post
    Do they have to give up a draft pick if arbitration is not offered? I don't think they do but you may be right.
    I don't believe a draft pick is given up if the previous team declines arbitration.

No draft pick compensation for Casey since Det declined to offer him arbitration.

His an interesting stick to have, but his salary demands seem to be on par with what Texas paid Broussard, and hes not a great offensive option

If Hatte is packaged in a deal to give Votto the full time job, I would be all for Casey coming back as a clubhouse leader and key hitter off the bench. I can't imagine his salary demands are too high, considering spring training is 6 weeks away.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

No, just because if Votto gets off to a slow offensive start and we sign Casey after trading Hatteberg can you imagine those sports talk shows. Just think about one caller after another questioning why Sean "the mayor of cincy" Casey isn't playing. I'd rather sign the indy wrestler Sean Casey and his rapist girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    If Hatte is packaged in a deal to give Votto the full time job, I would be all for Casey coming back as a clubhouse leader and key hitter off the bench. I can't imagine his salary demands are too high, considering spring training is 6 weeks away.
    This thread was some great bait. I guess it didn't take that long for people to start calling for the mayor's return...

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post

I'd be willing to give up a fraft pick, but not a draft pick.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Ive got a great idea for Sean Casey's return.......time to blow out Chris Welsh and ta-dah!!! George Grande and Sean Casey for FSN's top Reds TV team....

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Ive got a great idea for Sean Casey's return.......time to blow out Chris Welsh and ta-dah!!! George Grande and Sean Casey for FSN's top Reds TV team....
    How about NO Grande instead?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?