Turn Off Ads?

Thread: News and Notes from XM MLB Home Plate

News and Notes from XM MLB Home Plate

A couple of interesting tidbits posted on their blog:

Ken Griffey Jr on the Josh Hamilton Trade

Cincinnati Reds Outfielder Ken Griffey Jr joined Holden Kushner, live from the MLBPA Players Trust Golf Tournament, and talked about the trade that sent Josh Hamilton to the Rangers, in exchange for Edinson Volquez and Danny Herrera

“The situation with Josh (Hamilton), we had three outfielders that were jockeying for position playing Center Field. I hope this is a good opportunity where he can go out there and play every day. He’s a tremendous talent, played in 90 games, and hit 19 Home Runs, and drove in a little over 60 RBI. This is an opportunity for him to hopefully not have to look over his shoulder and go out there and play. It was a great story, what he’s gone through, the one thing I told him from day one, was, “I’m not going to judge what you did in the past.” I think he respected that, because sometimes when people look at your past, and make pre judgments on that person, that’s not the person they are.”

Cincinnati Reds Outfielder, Ken Griffey Jr, on his former teammate Josh Hamilton being traded to the Rangers.
    Posted by Jordan Greenberg at 2:10 PM

Cincinnati Reds Jeff Keppinger joins Jeff Joyce

Cincinnati Reds Utility man Jeff Keppinger was a guest of Jeff Joyce, on "MLB Live: Weekend Edition," here are some highlights from his appearance.

“I like them, I think they’re good. When I was rehabbing my finger, I got to play maybe three games with the Sarasota team, and that’s where Jay Bruce was playing at the time, and I was impressed with him in those three games. Little to find out, by the end of the year, he was up to Triple A; from what I saw, and looking at his numbers, he seems pretty impressive for as young as he is.”
    - Cincinnati Reds Utility man Jeff Keppinger on the Reds young prospects, most notably, super-prospect Jay Bruce

“I never know, I just go in, looking to play, hoping to play wherever they can get me in at. I’m not sure if I prefer any particular position over another, I think I’ll be playing them all if I can.”
    - Cincinnati Reds Jeff Keppinger on what position he’ll be playing in 2008
    “I don’t know if I find any trade a surprise anymore, I’ve kind of bounced around myself a lot of different places. He’s a great ballplayer, but there are things certain teams need, and certain things they need to do get those things. Trades happen all the time, and you never expect them, but they always happen.”
    - Cincinnati Reds Jeff Keppinger on the trade of his former teammate Josh Hamilton to the Texas Rangers

Posted by Jordan Greenberg at 1:57 PM

Nice blog, good to see the Reds getting some coverage.

http://mlbonxm.blogspot.com
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: News and Notes from XM MLB Home Plate

Will Griffey continue to be "jockeying" to play CF in 2008? I hope that Dusty makes it clearer who will be playing each position.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?