Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bronson Arroyo

Bronson Arroyo

I got this from Lance's site. It looks like Bronson wants to go back to Boston. Life is tough here in the 'Nati.

"I think I need to get back to Boston," he sings. I need to get out of Cincinnati, I think I need the Olde Towne to fill my heart again."

http://bostonist.com/2008/01/07/dear_boston_i_m.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bronson Arroyo

Okay? He can go back to being a middle reliever then..thats basically the only spot he might fit into there. They dont need another starter or anything. If he wants to go back to Boston, I think Kriv can make a phone call and we can get something good for him.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Shouldn't have signed that contract extension then...

We finally get pitching and they want out...sigh.

Fine, send him off next year and let's get a ton of high prospects in return. If Hammy can bring back Volquez and a minor leaguer, I'm sure Arroyo can bring back twice as much.

Hmmm...pleading his case in a song. Honestly, doesn't it sound like a guy making up a corny song to try to get his ex-girlfriend that dumped him to take him back even though she made it clear she doesn't want him.

WOW, is this off-season SLOOOOOW or what? Trying to read baseball news from a song!?!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post

Fine, send him off next year and let's get a ton of high prospects in return. If Hammy can bring back Volquez and a minor leaguer, I'm sure Arroyo can bring back twice as much.
    Yea Arroyo's ceiling is twice that of Hamiltons.... : /
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post

Hamilton is really really good and grossly undervalued and underappreciated.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Recovering Cubs Fan

"Dunns to the left of me, Griffeys to the right, here I am...stuck in the midwest with youuuu..."

Poor poor millionaire, I feel so sad.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

guys he was just playing to the crowd

File this under the non news section of this forum... we need to make one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Hamilton is really really good and grossly undervalued and underappreciated.
    I agree Hamilton has a huge ceiling and is currently pretty good.

Hamilton also has a gigantic question mark over his head in the form of a possible relapse or constant injury. Hamilton's ceiling is much higher than Arroyo's, but Arroyo's in the prime of his career.

On top of that, #2/#3 quality pitchers are more highly regarded in this market than a CF (that probably should be in RF).

Can you blame him though? I mean, the Red Sox are consistantly winning. The Reds are not. Granted they have a few young guys ready to contribute, but that doesn't translate into instant winning. It may be another year or two. And now they seem to be going after Josh Fogg. Foff stinks. He never had success in Pittburgh and didn't have enough success last year to be worth what he's supposedly asking for.

Bronson is to the Reds as Corey Dillon is to the Bengals... just as things are starting to look really good (lot's of good young talent at the cusp of being major league ready), he pleads his case to get out.

I say send him packing and take his $***ty music with him. I don't think he is that great anyway. Use his money that will be freed up to get someone else that actually appreciates being in Cincy. Gawd another reason for me to hate the Red Sox...as if I didn't have enough reasons already!

Maybe someone should remind him of what happened the last time the Reds and Red Sox met in the World Series.

Turn Off Ads?