Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Todd Frazier...worth collecting?

Todd Frazier...worth collecting?

I am a baseball card collector and was looking into the Reds minor league system on a player to keep an eye on and collect. I'm not big on collecting pitchers and was wondering everyone's take on Todd? Recently, quite a bit of his auto's are popping up here and there and I am grabbing what I can.

Anyway, what's everyone's take on him? Do you think he will stick with the Reds? or will his bat be used as trade bait down the road if we decide to keep EdE and Votto?

Would like to hear everyone's opinions...and thanks in advance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier...worth collecting?

Here is the prospect vote that he won. There are comments about him in the thread. I say he is worth it.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63681

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

After the "Big Four" he's as good as it gets for Reds prospects. I really like him. I'll be looking for some of his stuff also.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Maybe its just me being tight.... but I think his BCDP Autographs are a little overpriced right now. Going into 2006 I bought Homer Bailey BCDP autographs for the same price I can buy Frazier autos for right now.... difference is, Bailey was a top 50 prospect in baseball at that time while Frazier will be lucky to make someones top 75. Could just be the market, but I am holding out a little longer that they drop some.

he's got a chance to be a big league regular -- his ceiling likely depends on how much power he develops -- if he can stay on the left side of the infield (he's got a much better chance to be at 3B than SS) it will enhance his career

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe its just me being tight.... but I think his BCDP Autographs are a little overpriced right now. Going into 2006 I bought Homer Bailey BCDP autographs for the same price I can buy Frazier autos for right now.... difference is, Bailey was a top 50 prospect in baseball at that time while Frazier will be lucky to make someones top 75. Could just be the market, but I am holding out a little longer that they drop some.
    You're right about the BCDP. It's the hot thing right now. I am holding off buying anything from it (singles anyway) for a bit. Plus, I hate buying redemption cards (which is what Frazier's are). I have been burned by them before. You send in with the player on the card and they decide to send you someone else because they can't get the autos.

I don't know, I like him a lot but I think after careful thought I would say no.

I think he becomes a solid major leaguer but to collect his cards other than just for having some in case I dunno. I'm thinking he will have a Michael Cuddyer type of career with a bit more pop.

Just my gut, But ya never know!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?