Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nancy Z wants BCS changes...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nancy Z wants BCS changes...

http://media.www.newsrecord.org/medi...-3147937.shtml

For the first time ever, I'm with her....

Yikes.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 01-09-2008 at 04:12 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nancy Z wants BCS changes...

Finally, something less popular than Nancy.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I always hear them say that they can't do a playoff because of the extra games that would create . . . but they have five weeks off before the major bowl games. They could easily fit in one or two rounds of playoffs. One extra round = four teams. Two extra rounds = eight teams. Either way, there would be a lot less griping about #5 or #9 not getting a chance. And it would be short enough to easily fit in the allotted time.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    I always hear them say that they can't do a playoff because of the extra games that would create . . ..
    Of course that's a load of bull. How many teams played 14 games this year? I know the University of Delaware and Appalachian State University both played 15 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The article reveals why these college presidents are totally opposed to a playoff system, other then their resistance to change and holding on to their traditions......

BCS bowl games are big business, as the champions of BCS conferences generate up to $17 millions for their respective conferences. Money is a major issue on why it is tough to switch to a playoff system.

"There is a lot of money at stake, big television contracts
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

What would be so tough for the top four teams to have a playoff
    1 vs 4
    2 vs 3

Winners play for the championship.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    1 vs 4
    2 vs 3

Makes too much sense...

An 8 game playoff could work, too....there's enough big Bowl Games to make it work...those are now your playoff games...

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    1 vs 4
    2 vs 3

I already showed you (see above).

It has nothing to do about making sense.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Makes too much sense...

An 8 game playoff could work, too....there's enough big Bowl Games to make it work...those are now your playoff games...
    They could do an 8 game playoff without messing with the Bowls in their current format. You have 8 teams and 4 major bowls. Use the playoff tournament as a way of seeding the bowls so that you get a real #1 v. #2 matchup. Seed each playoff team #1-#8 based on ranking, BCS computer score, whatever, and set up the playoff bracket. Games are played at the home of the higher seeded team. Round 1 losers play a consolation game to determine who goes to the #3 and #4 bowls, Round 1 winners play at the home of the higher seeded team. Semifinal losers go to the #2 Bowl, Semifinal winners go whichever Bowl gets the National Championship that year. All other bowls outside of #1-#4 seek out teams as they currently do.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Just as long as we don't have these kids play too many games. They need to get their studying time in, I am sure.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Just as long as we don't have these kids play too many games. They need to get their studying time in, I am sure.
    Yeah - they need to really cram for those Phys Ed and Aids Awareness finals. They're murder!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I already showed you (see above).

It has nothing to do about making sense.
    dog gone it, I get in trouble for playing troll with a spin of humour, now I am bounced for making sense.

Tough crowd.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-10-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: too much time on my hands

Turn Off Ads?