Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Sun-tanned Floridians who visit us pasty skinned Northeners in the winter and want it to snow, like its some novelty act.
    Guilty as charged.

I'm also guilty as the guy who makes exact change when paying.

I have to go to Europe to get a wallet with a coin pouch...sheesh.

Probably also guilty on some other counts in this thread.

Sorry...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

When sensible and reasonable discussion goes awry.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    When the waiter at a resturant walks up, exchanges plesantries and asks if you'd like a "insert goofy named drink special of the night here". You respond with "I'd like a diet pepsi" and your wife responds with "water with lime please".

The server then proceeds to be crestfallen, give you a facial expression that says "oh crap" and then slinks away.

Often times we get desert, and occasionally an appatizer which more than makes up for the lack of booze drinks and bumps up the ticket total. If he/she had only stuck in there they might have found that out. Sorry that you think your tip will suck due to a low ticket there Skippy, but when you are visably irritated by the lack of alchohol drinks I decide to skip desert and appatizer and you aren't going to get more than 10% unless you really knock my socks off. Sortof a self-fullfilling prophacy aint it?
    I tend to add an extra dollar or two to the tip for servers who are still good despite my lack of alcohol for that reason.
    I figure they work just as hard to get my Mt.Dew and Water.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    4) Peyton Manning -- not your fault Peyton, but go away all ready.
    Done and done.

All of the NY Giants fans that were calling for Eli and Coughlin's heads (many of them) earlier this season who are now sitting in the front seat of the Giants bandwagon.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Fast food drive-thru's, and the people who use them.

I went to Taco Bell for lunch and the guy literally asked me "Do you want hard beef or soft beef?" when I ordered three tacos. (Come to think of it, this could go in the "things that make you smile" thread, too.)

And how difficult is the new McDonald's method to grasp? They alternate taking orders, therefore the two lines do the same when merging. EVERY TIME I've been there since the switch, I've nearly been hit by someone who doesn't understand the concept of alternating by chronological orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    When sensible and reasonable discussion goes awry.
    *snicker*
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Suggestive selling. If I want fries, I'll ask for them, likewise dessert. If I'm paying for fuel at the Flying J, and I didn't bring anything else to the counter, it's because I don't need anything else besides fuel.

The most annoying one was a couple weeks ago down in Alabama. I have been trying to cut down on the soft drinks somewhat and I've been pretty good about it, but I still like one every now and then. My idea of cutting down is exactly that, but my wife's idea is that you cut something out entirely. One evening I stopped for fuel and it was around 11:00 pm and I still had 300 miles left to do. Caffeine was sounding like a pretty good idea. I was on the phone with my wife as well because when I'm on the road we always talk right before she goes to bed. I came up to the fuel desk with a Coke in hand to pay for along with the fuel I had pumped and the clerk, who probably didn't notice the bluetooth on my ear, spoke to me like she didn't know I was on the phone. What she said was heard clearly by my wife on the other end of the phone. "Would you like some chips to go with that soda pop?"

I have nothing for respect for the people who work at fast food. We harp on people to "get a job" and then belittle them for it. Sheesh!

Its the nincompoop customers who get me. For instance, last fall I stop by the McDonalds on Haight Street, which is always on the verge of utter chaos. I just want to get some food in my gullet before I catch up with some friends at a bar. I'm in kind of a hurray (thus McDonald's) and stuck behind this young, ultra-hipster couple pouring over the menu like its the dead sea scrolls. After 5 minutes, I've had it. "Would you please order already", I say. Hipster responds, "just relax...we're ordering for a lot of people".

First, if your feeding a bunch of people, order pizza.

Second, its McDonalds, they have burgers and fries. Do a head count, order a bunch and be done with it. Its all crap anyhow.

Last, I hate being told "to relax". Its such a bs way of making the problem about my messed up chi instead of your complete obliviousness to other people. Ok, Ram Dass, I'll go meditate in the corner while you dither over the value menu. Grrrrrrrr!
    Last edited by Rojo; 01-14-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Golfers playing from a tee box beyond their abilities
    Guilty as charged, but they'd have to put the tee box next to the green for me to be playing from a length that matches my abilities.

Here's what drives me crazy:

Golf technology. Like I said above- I pretty much hug it at golf, but at least I realize it's operator error.

Bicyclists who ride like they're delivering a package in downtown NYC. Except it's Bloomington.

People who can't go without snack food for ten minutes.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Last, I hate being told "to relax". Its such a bs way of making the problem about my messed up chi instead of your complete obliviousness to other people. Ok, Ram Dass, I'll go meditate in the corner while you dither over the value menu. Grrrrrrrr!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Bicyclists who ride like they're delivering a package in downtown NYC. Except it's Bloomington.
    I'd switch that to bicyclists in the suburbs who dress like they're riding in Stage 4 of the Tour de France.

You're not Lance Armstrong, and you're certainly not making my drive any easier by riding in areas with no sidewalks or bike paths.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd switch that to bicyclists in the suburbs who dress like they're riding in Stage 4 of the Tour de France.

You're not Lance Armstrong, and you're certainly not making my drive any easier by riding in areas with no sidewalks or bike paths.
    No kidding. When did donning the lycra/spandex body suits and pretending to be Lance become so popular? I must have not gotten the memo.

And around here they ride on some pretty major roads and there could be 4, 6 sometimes 10 of them all peddling away like mad in front of a line of 4 or 5 cars who are sorely tempted to blast them off the road. It's like yuppy bike gangs or something. I'm waiting for them to have the gadget on the handle bars that sounds like a dirt bike when you twist it.

We don't live very far from some very rural areas where bike fans could ride to their hearts content and likely not bother too many people (be a lot safer riding too, I would think). Of course, then no one would see their nice shiney helmets and unitards. What fun would that be?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 01-14-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Didn't mean to start a flameout on bikers. I'm one, but I understand why people don't like bikes; we get in your way and make it hard to pass us. The problem is that in this country bikes are not seen as a mode of transportation. If they were, there would be bike lanes everywhere. Instead bikers are treated no differently than motorists. It's idiotic.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Being that I work at Kroger, I have one to add to this one, even though I think Steel hinted at it earlier in the thread.

People who check out 200 dollars(and I don't mean gift cards, I mean a whole buggy full of groceries) at the express lane and then look at you like you are crazy when you tell them it is express.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?