Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

People that use the elevator to go up or down 1 flight of stairs.

I got caught in some traffice this morning and was scrambling to get to a meeting on time. I pile onto the elevator and wouldn't you know it, someone else on there was going up 1 floor. Take the freaking stairs.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post

I got caught in some traffice this morning and was scrambling to get to a meeting on time. I pile onto the elevator and wouldn't you know it, someone else on there was going up 1 floor. Take the freaking stairs.

You should have beaten him to within an inch of his life.

Just sayin'.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    You should have beaten him to within an inch of his life.

Just sayin'.

It was a her.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It was a her.
    So?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Walking into a public restroom and hearing someone barf. What's UP with that?!!!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Walking into a public restroom and hearing someone barf. What's UP with that?!!!
    Would you rather the hallway, or just outside the front door? Perhaps in a nice potted plant.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

This bothers the hell out of me.

My building is especially bad for it because all the floors are locked on the stairs. If you don't have a key to a particular set of floors, you can't use the stairwell.

Floors 2 & 3 are the PD's offices. People trying to either get a public defender or meet with their PD never seem to go to the right floor. Inevitably, when you're riding the elevator, you'll stop on 2, pick someone up, and stop on 3 to drop them off. If you're going down, it's the exact opposite. Every day it annoys me just a little bit more.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

When somebody on an airplane wants to trade seats with you to sit by their wife/husband and you have an aisle seat and they have a middle seat between 2 NFL lineman and they make a big show of asking so if you say no, you look like a big schmuck.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    When somebody on an airplane wants to trade seats with you to sit by their wife/husband and you have an aisle seat and they have a middle seat between 2 NFL lineman and they make a big show of asking so if you say no, you look like a big schmuck.
    That happened to me once when I was in college before 9/11. I responded if I change seats with you they won't be able to recognize my carcass after we crash. The guy asked the people he was next to change seats instead. So I ended up sitting next to a crazy tattoed guy. We ended up playing poker. It was kind of cool, but I kept my isle seat.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'll never move to a middle seat unless it's for a parent and child who have separate seats.

And I never feel bad about it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Car insurance companies annoy the heck of out me, especially when I'm processing claims to get paid on glass jobs or collision jobs.

Travelers is the only company I like when it comes to this. The rest of them can all go play in traffic.

On the flip side, I go a little bananas when people leave one seat here, one seat there all over a movie theater so crowded that it's clearly going to cause problems. Invariably all of the distraught couples end up filling up the aisles looking for pairs of seats, and invariably a movie theater employee has to come in and tell all of the people to scoot in like they're six years old and can't grasp the situation. If you are afraid of cooties, invest in a DVD player.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

One thing that drives me crazy is people who refer to the NY Giants as the NY Football Giants. Chris Berman started that and now it seems others have picked this up and I'm going to have to keep hearing about it for another week or so. There hasn't been a NY Baseball Giants team in 50 years. I don't think people are going to get them confused.

Another thing that really bugs me are when football radio announcers say that one team is going right to left or vice versa. It's radio! Why in the world would that matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    One thing that drives me crazy is people who refer to the NY Giants as the NY Football Giants. Chris Berman started that and now it seems others have picked this up and I'm going to have to keep hearing about it for another week or so. There hasn't been a NY Baseball Giants team in 50 years. I don't think people are going to get them confused.

Another thing that really bugs me are when football radio announcers say that one team is going right to left or vice versa. It's radio! Why in the world would that matter?
    From left to right across your radio dial.

As if radios still have dials.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Actually, I believe the NY Giants refer to themselves as the New York Football Giants on their voice answering system, or so I've heard. It may well be the official name of the organization.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?