Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I think you should consider yourself very, very lucky.
    No I agree, I tend to not have any special requests with my meals and I'm almost always by myself so its a small order. But I suppose I am lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yes. I go through a drive thru for speed and convenience. Waiting is unacceptable. Of course, that doesn't even count the number of times they screw up the order in the first place. I have a large family, so my large order is almost impossible to check in line, so you get home and there is inevitably missing nuggets or fries. One time, a drive thru forgot the chicken on my chicken sandwich. No kidding.

In a weird irony, I don't go through the drive thru most of the time because the electric windows on my jalopy barely work. I think that may be the Lord taking care of this little weakness for me.
    Each time the fast food joint asked you to pull forward to complete your order, did you have your large family in tow?

Or do you just feel like fast food joints are infringing upon your customer bill of rights @ fast food joints by asking you to pull forward?

I haven't eaten at a fast food place for a meal in over 15 years, that stuff ain't good food at all... so what drives me crazy is the assumption that it's passable as a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Each time the fast food joint asked you to pull forward to complete your order, did you have your large family in tow?

Or do you just feel like fast food joints are infringing upon your customer bill of rights @ fast food joints by asking you to pull forward?
    Nope, my large family did not exist at the time. Strike one.

Everyone goes to a business with expectations of the service that is going to be provided. This same restaurant had digital clocks to time their service posted in the window. I'd say that set the expectation at "fast food means fast service." Strike two.

Finally, the title of this thread is "things that drive you crazy." That makes the person me, not you. It doesn't drive you crazy, duly noted. I'm sure you have some petty quirks yourself. Strike three, and yer out.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I haven't eaten at a fast food place for a meal in over 15 years, that stuff ain't good food at all... so what drives me crazy is the assumption that it's passable as a meal.
    Greasy burgers and fries constitute a meal at my house, so someone else doing it for me qualifies in my book. Of course, I'm 100 pounds overweight, so nutrition is clearly not my area of expertise

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Nope, my large family did not exist at the time. Strike one.

Everyone goes to a business with expectations of the service that is going to be provided. This same restaurant had digital clocks to time their service posted in the window. I'd say that set the expectation at "fast food means fast service." Strike two.

Finally, the title of this thread is "things that drive you crazy." That makes the person me, not you. It doesn't drive you crazy, duly noted. I'm sure you have some petty quirks yourself. Strike three, and yer out.
    Then the answer is clearly the fast food joints are profiling you, much like the police profile GIDP.

They want to make you pull forward and wait for the completion of your order, as they know it drives you crazy.

I know I have plenty of quirks, but pulling forward from a fast food window so they can help other customers while they're completing my order doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Then the answer is clearly the fast food joints are profiling you, much like the police profile GIDP.

They want to make you pull forward and wait for the completion of your order, as they know it drives you crazy.

I know I have plenty of quirks, but pulling forward from a fast food window so they can help other customers while they're completing my order doesn't bother me at all.
    Being admittedly quirky yourself, I find criticizing another's quirks amusing. I'm sure I would furrow my brows at some of yours as well. I don't think that is the point of this thread, at least as I see it.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

People at stop signs who clearly arrive before you do, then go into a frozen trance trying to decide whether to go or wait for you. Makes me nuts! Now, most times, I just go ahead whether it should be me or not, which is probably someone else's peeve.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

People who work for you and want different treatment than the other people who work for you because they're related to you.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Burgerville is. It's healthier than most expensive restaurants as they have a slew of extremely healthy and fresh items. The meat they use in their burgers is Grade-A, local. Just not too long ago they went to a local woman's fresh vege-burgers out of Tualatin when GardenBurger went under. Hers are better and healthier, especially her black bean burger. Their smoked-salmon salad with Hazelnuts and tangerines is excellent.

Burgerville is also 10 times cleaner than any of the fancier restaurants, especially any of the places where "hip" people work. "Hip" people's working habits leaves a lot of disease around their "trendy" restaurants, repeatedly giving them low scores from the health departments, especially places like MacMeniman's, or most of the places along Alberta Street and Mississippi Avenue.

The best place in town for quality food is "The Gild" on Broadway and Everett. The better your gourmet tastes, the better you can appreciate them.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-25-2009 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Burgerville is. It's healthier than most expensive restaurants as they have a slew of extremely healthy and fresh items. The meat they use in their burgers is Grade-A, local. Just not too long ago they went to a local woman's fresh vege-burgers out of Tualatin when GardenBurger went under. Hers are better and healthier, especially her black bean burger. Their smoked-salmon salad with Hazelnuts and tangerines is excellent.

Burgerville is also 10 times cleaner than any of the fancier restaurants, especially any of the places where "hip" people work. "Hip" people's working habits leaves a lot of disease around their "trendy" restaurants, repeatedly giving them low scores from the health departments, especially places like MacMeniman's, or most of the places along Alberta Street and Mississippi Avenue.

The best place in town for quality food is "The Gild" on Broadway and Everett. The better your gourmet tastes, the better you can appreciate them.
    True Burgerville is a different beast as far as fast food, but I still find it fast foodish in my hands and my stomach. I'm more of SE of town guy and find Alberta street and Mississippi Street not only out of the way but not worth going to for food, there is nothing there I can't get down here including probably germs. Mcmeniamins I just don't eat at, boring menu not good food, over carbonated beer, (great venues and redone buildings though).

I don't do meat, so most fast food and their food types don't draw me to their venues, but I love mexican and asian food so I've seen some places that are similar to the scary hipster infused germ factories you mentioned, the world unfortunately has them from McD's to Spagos.

So... back to the subjest, things that drive me crazy.

Hipster waiters and waitresses that serve food indifferently because they really don't want to be in food service.

That's what drives me crazy.

Love going by that Italian place on 28th and Clinton, forgot it's name, but the garlic smell makes me hungry every time I pass.

Seriously, try "The Gild", if you get a chance. I figured you were vege from your previous description. Still haven't accepted Tofurkey as a meal, yet.

Do you do quiche or are you egg-free, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Because he shouldn't have to wait on his food either. I've found that when you refuse to pull up at places like McD's, they somehow manage to get you your food VERY quickly.

Yes, but would you really want to eat the food after that? I'm envisioning a little fast food worker revenge.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Love going by that Italian place on 28th and Clinton, forgot it's name, but the garlic smell makes me hungry every time I pass.

Seriously, try "The Gild", if you get a chance. I figured you were vege from your previous description. Still haven't accepted Tofurkey as a meal, yet.

My mom made me an onion quiche for dinner tonight!

Tofurkey is good as sandwich meat, but doesn't go the full distance as a replacement.

Sub Rosa. I live about 10 blocks from there.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?