Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

you at least have to do away with CSI Miami.
    Ha-ha. This is a favorite of mine. Along with NCIS. Both of them good shows. They could do away with most of the rest however. (although I don't mind The Mentalist or SVU eiter)

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have never seen a CSI or Law and Order in my life... yet here I am.

Amazing isn't it?

CSI Miami....it turns decent actors into really bad ones. I know that the blonde CSI can act. I have seen her on West Wing but on that show she recites lines as if she Bill Belichick at a press conference.
    The NCIS one...I think just based on that guy who plays the obligatory eye candy for the ladies...the tall, smug guy...just on that i really dislike that show. That guy is so unlikable and part of that formula. You got the cool leader who has his quirks but is respected for his leadership or brain. You got the eye candy for the males and females....then the really weird and nerdy science people to fill out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    CSI Miami....it turns decent actors into really bad ones. I know that the blonde CSI can act. I have seen her on West Wing but on that show she recites lines as if she Bill Belichick at a press conference.
    One of the worst shows I've ever seen. The acting's bad, the plot-lines ludicrous, the dialogue stupid, even the orange-drenched photography is ridiculous.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

You got the cool leader who has his quirks but is respected for his leadership or brain. You got the eye candy for the males and females....then the really weird and nerdy science people to fill out the rest.
    Yeah! Great show, huh.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

The guy at my work, using our wifi, who doesn't start shutting down until about two minutes after the closing announcement. This, despite our ample warning announcement at 15 before the hour. Next Sunday, I'm turning the router off at closing time.

This dude really drives me crazy.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Amazing isn't it?
    If only they someone smart enough to come up with a show like Dr. Who and a network with the guts to air it. That is not to say that I'd like to see a network hire a bunch of writers to rewrite Dr. Who scripts to make it more palatable for the American audience.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    If only they someone smart enough to come up with a show like Dr. Who and a network with the guts to air it. That is not to say that I'd like to see a network hire a bunch of writers to rewrite Dr. Who scripts to make it more palatable for the American audience.
    Except for the last two -- the ending to this past "year of specials" was just a train wreck.

I'm really stoked for Moffat to start handling the show. His episodes have been amazing and he seems to have a real feel for balancing the show between family-friendly stuff and really introspective sci-fi. "The Girl in the Fireplace" is probably one of the two or three best episodes in the 40+ year history of the show.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    The guy at my work, using our wifi, who doesn't start shutting down until about two minutes after the closing announcement. This, despite our ample warning announcement at 15 before the hour. Next Sunday, I'm turning the router off at closing time.

This dude really drives me crazy.
    On a related note, when you go to a place like Panera and there is some person with a laptop doing work and takes up a whole booth or 4 place table when the restaurant is full and people are waiting for tables to open up. They may have bought a cup of coffee 3-4 hours earlier but have long since finished. Move along, people.

Pay attention to the open sky

The NCIS one...I think just based on that guy who plays the obligatory eye candy for the ladies...the tall, smug guy...just on that i really dislike that show. That guy is so unlikable and part of that formula. You got the cool leader who has his quirks but is respected for his leadership or brain. You got the eye candy for the males and females....then the really weird and nerdy science people to fill out the rest.
    Yes. Shows like that (or any other really) are all about the writers. You can really tell when the writers change.

The original L & O lost it's bite after the the 1996-1999 years. Those years were the peak for me.
    Jerry Orbach's character is (was) my favorite police detective of all time. Orbach was a great actor. Having did stage work for most of his life in NYC, he had NYC down to perfection. He was actually a really good singer, but you'd never know that from his role on L & O.

When you shake the parmesan cheese canister to break up the cheese and the other half of the lid opens up (the very open half) and parmesan cheese ends up everywhere. I'm not sure that there was an easy way to explain that I didn't have a bad case of dandruff that day.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Amazing isn't it?

Nor have I.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

WOY and 62: The old law and orders are worth watching if you're stuck in a hotel somewhere and you like hard boiled detective stories (first half our) and courtroom dramas (second half hour). CSI is not worth watching under any circumstances.

Law students: watching law and order will improve your criminal procedure grade. I kid you not.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    WOY and 62: The old law and orders are worth watching if you're stuck in a hotel somewhere and you like hard boiled detective stories (first half our) and courtroom dramas (second half hour). CSI is not worth watching under any circumstances.

Law students: watching law and order will improve your criminal procedure grade. I kid you not.
    Agreed, the original Law and Order is a pretty good police and court procedural. The CSI franchise is just junk.

Turn Off Ads?